Cisco and Platfora Delivering on the Promise of Enterprise Scale Analytics
Analytics will continue to take center stage as the volume of data generated by embedded systems increases and vast pools of structured and unstructured data within and outside the enterprise are analyzed. — Gartner
Big Data will continue to be important, but it’s critical to first understand how businesses can quickly gather relevant insights from their big data. The value is in unlocking key takeaways from the data because these insights can be used for agile decision-making and faster time-to-market approaches. Discovering better business insights quickly requires the combination of software and hardware that is optimized for speed, scale, and flexibility. And that is exactly what you get when you combine Platfora and Cisco UCS.
When Platfora runs on Cisco UCS, business analysts can find these patterns in minutes or hours rather than months. For example, our joint customer was able to identify exactly what factors impacted their customer experience using the Platfora solution which was deployed in 1/10th the time and cost of traditional approaches.
Platfora enables users to analyze petabytes of data at scale and leverages the latest cutting-edge technologies such as Spark and YARN (MapReduce 2.0). The Platfora end-to-end platform replaces the need for ETL, Data Warehousing, and BI tools. And the combination of Platfora and UCS ensures that there are no performance, scalability, or TCO tradeoffs as we add new data discovery joint use cases. This joint solution is truly designed for enterprise-scale analytics.
The following solutions have been developed to help our customers take advantage of the full power of big data discovery.
- The first is Security Analytics on Cisco UCS with Platfora, which dramatically accelerates security threat detection by transforming and connecting multi-structured data at petabyte scale, all running in memory, to uncover patterns and threats through rapid data iteration and visualization.
- The second is Customer Analytics on Cisco UCS with Platfora, which enables customers to obtain a 360-degree view of the customer journey by connecting all the digital touchpoints they have with their customers. Business users can now easily answer questions that would have previously required a data scientist to answer (ex. how to drive up-sell in a digital environment or reduce customer churn).
Cisco and Platfora together enable our customers to do Big Data Discovery to find patterns and correlations between the datasets they are collecting from customers, their security systems, or devices on their network.
Want to learn more? We have a Platfora on Cisco UCS reference architecture ready for you! If you are coming to our upcoming Strata Hadoop World event, here are a few things that you definitely should not miss:
- Rob Rosen from Platfora will be speaking about how companies can “Uncover Security Threats with Platfora and Cisco UCS” in our theater session on Wed 9/30 4pm. He will share a demo that reveals how Platfora running on UCS leverages Hadoop to uncover previously unseen threats, mitigating risks of targeted “low and slow” attacks on the enterprise.
- Platfora will also be participating in the Strata Hadoop Big Data Chat on Tuesday, September 29th at 1 pm, ET.
- Take a look at Director of Marketing at Platfora Kristin’s blog post for a more detailed guide on all things Platfora at Strata!
- Follow your favorite Platfora and Cisco twitters for real time updates.
- Cisco: Cisco DC, Adrian den Hartog, Bill Shields, Bob Eve, Bruno Messina, Farid Jiandani, Gary Serda, Jim McHugh, Karthik Karupasamy, Manan Trivedi, Mike Flannagan, Raghu Nambiar, Renee Yao, Rex Backman, Robert Novak, Wendy Leopold
- Platfora: Platfora, Aditi Mishra, Ben Werther, Courtney J Anders, David Littlewood, Denise Hemke, Kristin Potts, Peter Schlampp, Rob Rosen, Viviana Padilla Faga.