#CiscoChat August 8th — Impact of Containers on IT Subject Matter Experts
Improved productivity, enhanced operational efficiency, extra flexibility … how can you push your IT organization in the direction you want it to go? Start by thinking inside the box — with containers. You may already be familiar with some of the basics of containers, but as they continue to climb in prominence, now is the time to take a closer look. How can IT teams benefit from containers, and what specific steps are needed to make the move to a virtualized approach? To discover the answers, drop in on our next #CiscoChat, Tuesday, August 8th, at 10 a.m. PST.
The chat will feature Cisco Distinguished Systems Engineers Bill Dufresne (@cscobill) and David Jansen (@ccie5952), who will talk technical details and help answer your container questions. By joining the chat, you’ll learn about the impact of containers on IT storage and network operation models, investigate the implementation of group-based policy with containers, see how security is supported, and so much more.
To participate in the chat:
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account.
- Search for the #CiscoChat hashtag and click on the Latest tab.
- Follow the moderator’s account to participate. The Twitter chat will be moderated by @CiscoCloud who will begin welcoming guests at 10 a.m. PST (1 p.m. EST) and posting questions for discussion.
- If you need multiple tweets to answer a question, preface each tweet with “1A,” “2A,” etc. in order to make it easier for others to follow along with the conversation.
- Be sure to use the #CiscoChat hashtag at the end of each tweet, so that others can find your contributions to the discussion.
Have questions for the group? Ask away during the #CiscoChat. We look forward to talking with you!