As we like to do on TechWiseTV we got a chance to pick and choose among our favorite technologies being featured in this launch focus on the Digital Network Architecture. So as to avoid burying the lead, you will get a chance to experience Enterprise Network Function Virtualization (E-NFV), APIC-EM updates and demonstration, the network as a security sensor with a little Lancope update, changes to CMX now in a ‘cloud’ version, and end to end quality control for applications like Jabber…end to end QoS.
Coverage for all the recent Digital Network Architecture announcements could only be covered in two shows.
Part 1 focused on the DESIGN:
Part 2 focused on the Security and Application SERVICES:
In a broader sense, our original focus was to illustrate a service-centric approach that enabled IT to focus on outcomes.
This approach would be accomplished through 3 areas you should see represented:
- Insights that leverage network data and analytics for new business innovation and improved user experience.
- Automation that simplified the network and sped up IT operations. Real-time network events that would drive changes to meet service level expectations
- Security embedded everywhere with real-time threat detection and quick remediation to reduce risks.
Part 1, with a running time of 22:42 covered the benefits of a comprehensive design:
- Sachin Gupta provides an overview of the Digital Network Architecture.
- Liad Ofek explains Enterprise Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Ronnie Ray covers the (APIC-EM) Application Programmability Infrastructure Controller
Part 2 was a little shorter at 17:02. We explore the flexibility offered by virtualized network services:
- Kinshuk Pahare covering Network as an end to end security sensor including Lancope integration
- Darryl Sladden showcased resource optimization with CMX Cloud
- Ramit Kanda demonstrates the improved user experience now possible with Easy QoS.
- Ramit Kanda is an Engineering Product Manager for Network Transformation Enterprise Management and Controller group
For more information:
We did two shows but we could not include everything…I cherry-picked what I wanted us to cover. To make sure you did not miss anything, your best bet is the overall architecture page.
- APIC-EM Controller, along with a couple of downloadable white-papers:
- CMX Cloud
- Enterprise NFV
- Network as a Sensor/Enforcer
Thank you to our guest experts and their knowledge:
- Sachin Gupta, Understanding the Digital Network Architecture
- Liad Ofek, Enterprise NFV
- Ronnie Ray, APIC-EM Controller
- Ramit Kanda, Easy QoS
- Kinshuk Pahare, Security
- Darryl Sladden, CMX