Delivering unified management for converged infrastructure solutions, Cisco UCS Director is an award-winning choice for managing your vBlock, FlexPod or other converged infrastructure solution. In previous blogs, I have mentioned the benefits of Cisco UCS Director:
- How it abstracts the virtualization, compute, network and storage layers into a single pane of glass that reduces the complexity of managing your data center infrastructure
- Speaking fluently to Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus and EMC or NetApp storage, how your organization receives the full functionality and benefits of the compute, network and storage layers. As a stocking stuff, the hypervisor layer is included as well.
- Lastly, comprehensive management across physical, virtual and bare metal environments from a single pane of glass
Have you ever wondered if there was a way to see Cisco UCS Director in action — live with no strings attached?
Well Virgina, there is a way for you to do just that. I am not talking a canned demo or pre-recorded session available for replay. A real, honest live demo — and you can speak with our technical experts.
Numerous sessions are scheduled over the next few months but the next two showings are: December 17, 2013 and January 14, 2014. We have two sessions each day to accommodate different time zones — choose the one that best meets your schedule.
As work begins to slow down in preparation for the holidays, now is the perfect time to take an hour out of your day and learn more about Cisco UCS Director’s centralized automation and management capabilities. It will be an hour well spent.
To reserve your seat, register at: http://bit.ly/I8Vhr3. You can also learn more about Cisco UCS Director by going to: http://buildprice.cisco.com/software/ucs-director
Tags: Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, Cloupia, Converged Infrastructure, EMC, FlexPod, netapp, ucs director, Vblock, VMware
Cisco UCS Director delivers unified orchestration and management for converged infrastructure solutions by abstracting the complexity of individual devices, hypervisors, and virtual machines. This provides administrators with a holistic, converged infrastructure management experience.
Some UCS Director advantages include:
- Open and flexible system, providing multi-vendor IT infrastructure management
- Turnkey solution, quick time-to-value via setup within an hour
- Out-of-the-box support for the most widely deployed converged and integrated infrastructure systems: Vblock, FlexPod, and VSPEX
- Cisco’s unified management approach reduces deployment times from weeks to minutes – for either virtual or bare-metal environments
- Automate your infrastructure management so that your staff can focus on more important business-critical initiatives instead of mundane manual tasks
But don’t just take our word for it. Check out a live technical demo and see for yourself the value and benefits that UCS Director can bring by automating your converged infrastructure. We are currently offering morning and afternoon sessions on December 11th, December 17th and January 14th.
To register for the live webcast, please visit here.
To further familiarize yourself with Cisco UCS Director, watch this video.
Tags: automation, Cloupia, Converged Infrastructure, converged infrastructure management, Infrastructure Management, orchestration, ucs director, unified management
Welcome back to Engineers Unplugged. In this week’s episode, we geek out with Cisco’s Roger Barlow and VMware’s Bhumik Patel (@bhumikp). The topic–how to close the management gap, featuring UCS and vSphere. They cover a variety of use cases and offer practical how-to:
**The next shoot is last week of January at Cisco Live in Milan! If you want to be internet-famous, contact me ASAP to talk about being on the show.**
This is Engineers Unplugged, where technologists talk to each other the way they know best, with a whiteboard. The rules are simple:
- Episodes will publish weekly (or as close to it as we can manage)
- Subscribe to the podcast here: engineersunplugged.com
- Follow the #engineersunplugged conversation on Twitter
- Submit ideas for episodes or volunteer to appear by Tweeting to @CommsNinja
- Practice drawing unicorns
Join the behind the scenes by liking Engineers Unplugged on Facebook.
Tags: fex, UCS, ucs director, VCO, VMware, vsphere
In previous blog posts, my colleagues have written about Cisco’s leadership in cloud infrastructure (#1) and cloud professional services (#1). And as I’ve blogged about in the past, we have a growing portfolio of cloud and infrastructure management software solutions. Now Cisco is getting recognition as a strong performer in cloud software innovation and strategy.
Cisco was among the select companies that Forrester invited to participate in its new Forrester Wave report, “The Forrester Wave: Private Cloud Solutions, Q4 2013”. The report focuses on commercial software offerings for enterprise private cloud deployments, ranking the 10 most significant vendors (from an initial field of 27) based on 61 different criteria – with more than 100 customer interviews. You can download the full report here.
In this evaluation, Cisco received the highest score in strategy and is in the top three overall for our current offering. Read More »
Tags: Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud, Cisco UCS, Cloud Management, Cloupia, Infrastructure Management, intelligent automation, private cloud, ucs director, unified management
If you have been following the news, I’m sure you saw that Cisco just introduced Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). Combine ACI with Cisco UCS Director and you can provision and deliver application-centric infrastructure automatically.
Over the past 11 months, I have discussed how Cisco UCS Director reduces data center complexity with unified automation and management of multi-vendor converged and integrated infrastructure systems. But the provisioning of compute, storage and network resources is just the start. IT needs to deliver infrastructure that is tailor-made for the specific applications their users need. Together with ACI, Cisco UCS Director has key capabilities to make this happen.
Read More »
Tags: ACI, Cloupia, infrastructure, Insieme, NXS, SDN, ucs director, VMware