In case you didn’t notice , the partnership between Citrix and Cisco has been growing nicely over the part 2 years in many areas .
Amongst numerous areas of collaboration here are some common solutions that will be highlighted at the coming conference Citrix Synergy
- Cisco Enterprise Mobility solution for business to employee with Citrix XenMobile
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization with Citrix Xen Desktop 7.1 on Cisco UCS
- Cisco DaaS with Citrix (CloudPlatform or UCS director on UCS)
- Cisco’s Citrix NetScaler 1000V (vPath and RISE)
- Cisco ACI strategy and how Citrix integrates OpFlex.
The last bullets point, especially the endorsement by Citrix of RISE , the new protocol for Nexus 7000 have been amply covered over the past weeks in blogs from Gary Kinghorn as well as video – You will find links at the bottom of this blogs. But check also Citrix page on Netscaler 1000V.
Citrix was one of the close partner present when we announced last month at Interop OpFlex, a new open standards- based protocol (OpFlex) for Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) .In this video, Sunil Potti, Citrix VP & GM Netscaler, explained why Citrix is standing shoulder to shoulder with Cisco on this topic.
Cisco and Citrix have been also working diligently to offer the best solutions in terms of mobility . You may want to check this blog from Jonathan Gilad on Cisco strategy and solutions around mobile workplace . Check his recent blog Beyond BYOD to Workspace mobility
Read More »
Tags: ACI, byod, Cisco, citrix, citrixsynergy, cloud, dAAS, EMC, FlexPod, netapp, NetScaler, Nexus 7000, OpFlex, RISE, Sunil Potti, UCS, ucs director, Vblock, VCE, vPath, Xen desktop 7.1, Xenmobile
Mark your calendars. On April 2nd at Interop this week we will be bringing you an exciting new webcast – “New Applications are Knocking! Is your Data Center OPEN for business?”
Cisco will be sharing new announcements led by Soni Jiandani, SVP at Cisco. Joining us will be leaders from leading technology companies -
- Citrix – Sunil Potti, Group Vice President and General Manager, NetScaler Product Group
- F5 – Sangeeta Anand, Sr. VP, Product Management and Marketing
- IBM – Inder Gopal, Vice President, Networking Development and Technical Strategy
- Microsoft – Mike Schutz, General Manager – Windows Server, Management and Appliances Product Marketing
- RedHat – Tim Burke, Vice President, Linux and Cloud Engineering
Expecting multi-vendor innovation around next-generation software-defined networking (SDN)? Hear what Cisco and these panelists from leading technology companies have to say:
Cisco CIO Rebecca Jacoby, who’s delivering a keynote at Interop, will also be joining to share her perspectives on technology and how Cisco IT is embracing aspects of Application Centric Infrastructure.
It’s been five months since the seminal Nov 6 announcement of Application Centric Infrastructure and the momentum keeps accelerating –
- Nexus 9508 ships – Nov 2013
- 800+ Nexus 9000 customers in pipeline
- Over 30 ACI ecosystem companies – Jan 2014
- Miercom performance benchmark records for Nexus 9516
- ACI training programs for partners to empower 2 million CCIE/CCNA trained network engineers – Mar 2014
- Nexus 9516 and APIC selected as Finalists for Best of Interop – Mar 2014
- Next?? Tune into the webcast for more..!
To put great technology solutions into real world perspective, we will also be joined by several of Cisco’s customers from different segments and deployment models, providing insights into their experiences and best practices.
Join me and the rest of the Cisco team, as we continue to redefine the power of IT. April 2nd at 1 PM PST.
Already Attending Interop?
If you’re already attending Interop in person, please join me and the rest of the Cisco team for this live broadcast at the Mandalay Ball Room at 12.45PM.
Tags: ACI, application centric infrastructure, Inder Gopal, Mike Schutz, Nexus 9516, Rebecca Jacoby, Sangeeta Anand, SDN, Shashi Kiran, Soni Jiandani, Sunil Potti, Tim Burke