Enabling Digital Manufacturing means not just embracing the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) but also taking the time to get smart on the latest best practices, technologies and solutions. There’s no better place to do that than the upcoming Automation Fair #AutoFair15. As always, this event is a ‘can’t miss’ conference for all of you who are in controls, operations or IT for industrial companies. This year, Automation Fair will be held in the MidWest, in Chicago’s McCormick Convention Center from November 18th thru 19th.
As part of our strong strategic relationship with Rockwell Automation, Cisco will once again have a significant presence at this event including speaker presentations, participation in industry forums and our own booth (#1045) as well as participation in the Industrial IP Advantage booth (#1340).
Our goal is to help customers start their own digital manufacturing transformation and to showcase how they can– connect the factory to the enterprise, protect company assets, collect the right data and effect performance. Here’s a quick snapshot of the exciting solutions that enable digital manufacturing which we will be demonstrating in the Cisco booth:
- Connected Machines: This week at Discover 2015, we are struck by how well received by customers our joint SmartBox offering with machine builder Mazak has been. Literally every machine shop customer, big and small, with whom I spoke with is struggling with visibility on utilization and actual quality throughput. Enabling OEE dashboards on every machine tool is going to be a huge hit. Mazak themselves achieved +17-pts improvement in utilization across their 800,000 sq-ft production operations by deploying the SmartBox beta within their own facilities over the last several months. This Connected Machines demo leverages our work with Mazak and leading robotics manufacturer Fanuc to showcase several leading edge manufacturing solutions such as predictive maintenance, plant PC virtualization, remote and mobile access, energy management, video collaboration and security.
- Connected Assets for Location: Inventory control and WIP management are critical to driving production efficiency. Missing or misplaced material can bring a plant to its knees. With factory wireless and real-time location services, your assets are tracked and location immediately known. Historic views of paths taken by assets can reveal opportunities for efficiency.
- Training Certification: Operational and informational technologies are converging into a united industrial infrastructure. While these technologies are evolving at a rapid pace, there is a growing skills gap, creating a need for individuals equipped to manage and operate the manufacturing facilities of the future. Learn more about the Cisco Certified Network Associate Industrial (CCNA Industrial) certification which is for plant administrators, control system engineers and traditional network engineers in the manufacturing.
- Security for Manufacturing: Manufacturing is the number one targeted Industry for cyberattacks and security breaches. Combined with an aging industrial machinery infrastructure, there are significant security risks and challenges. The security for manufacturing demo showcases an effective before/during/after solution. This holistic security solution addresses the critical needs of securing manufacturing operation while improving productivity and reducing operation downtime.
Read More »
Tags: #AutoFair15, AF 2015, Automation Fair, CiscoMfg, connected machines, Digital Manufacturing, Digital transformation, McCormick Center, Rockwell Automation
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the fair. The Rockwell automation Fair that is.The Pilot comes on the intercom and says something like:
“Hi, it’s the captain here. I want to tell you that we can’t get the flaps into the right position. We need number 15 and we can only get to 14.” (or he said something like that). “We’ve tried a few times and it doesn’t want to move.”
So we (the passengers) are all thinking: “What does that mean – are we going down?” Most of us don’t pilot planes so we don’t know how serious the situation is. We all agreed in our seating row that it was ‘TMI’ – Too Much Information? I think he realized that, because he then said words to the effect of:
Read More »
Tags: airplane, airport, Automation Fair, booth, chicago, Chicago o'hare, Cisco, Converged Plantwide Ethernet, crash, emergency, Fluke, industrial ethernet, Information overload, machine builders, Manufacturing, McCormick Center, McCormick., OEM, Panduit, Real Time, Rockwell, Rockwell Automation Fair, rockwell networking
“Chicago, Chicago, I’ll show you around, You’ll Stay Around”, sings Frank Sinatra in the Fred Fisher song ‘Chicago’ published in 1922.
Well, come to the McCormick Center in Chicago, Illinois this week (16th and 17th November 2011) and let Cisco show you around Booth #239 where we’ll show you some cool demonstrations, and talk to you about your business and technical issues and how Cisco can help.
Remember that Automation Fair is one of the largest industrial Automation Events in the world. As I mentioned in my Cisco at Rockwell Automation Fair, Chicago Illinois, 16th-17th November 2011 blog we’ll be active this week both at our own booth and also at a four way A four-way Cisco, Rockwell, Panduit and Fluke booth showing the power of a broader partnership bringing all aspects of network convergence together. Read More »
Tags: Automation Fair, booth, chicago, Cisco, Converged Plantwide Ethernet, Fluke, food and beverage, industrial ethernet, machine builders, Manufacturing, McCormick Center, McCormick., OEM, Panduit, Rockwell, Rockwell Automation Fair, rockwell networking, social media
Automation Fair is just around the corner – two weeks from now. Convergence will be alive at AF this year. My colleagues Peter Granger and Andrew Lach have blogged about Cisco’s overall presence and our social media channel, respectively.
In my video, I highlight the Innovation and Collaboration that the convergence of plant and enterprise networks enables, which we will be showcasing in our Cisco booth on the AF show floor, including:
Read More »
Tags: Automation Fair, booth, chicago, Cisco, Cisco Cius, Cius, collaboration, Common Industrial Protocol, Converged Plantwide Ethernet, digital media, DMS, EtherNet IP, Ethernet to the factory, ETTF, Fluke, food and beverage, Identity Services Engine, Industrial Automation, Industrial Intelligence, industrial networking, machine builders, Manufacturing, McCormick Center, McCormick., OEM, Panduit, Rockwell Automation, Rockwell Automation Fair, rockwell networking, roockwell, security, social media
Automation Fair is the largest gathering of Rockwell Automation users. With over 15,000 expected attendees this year, this is a can’t miss conference for leading manufacturers, controls, operations and IT professionals – and Cisco will have a major presence again at this year’s show! Click on the Video to learn more.
Here are just a few things that are happening at the McCormick Center in Chicago, Illinois on 16th and 17th November:
- Opportunity to meet Cisco and Rockwell thought leaders and technical experts throughout
- Other Executive and Technical events and networking opportunities
Read More »
Tags: Automation Fair, booth, chicago, Cisco, Fluke, food and beverage, machine builders, Manufacturing, McCormick Center, McCormick., OEM, Panduit, Rockwell Automation Fair, rockwell networking, roockwell, social media