Calling All Internet of Things Entrepreneurs!
With less than 1% of things in the physical world connected to the Internet, there is an incredible opportunity to connect the unconnected. In keeping Cisco’s commitment to drive Internet of Things innovations, Cisco announces a new initiative to recognize and support up-and-coming innovators, entrepreneurs and early-stage startup businesses that contribute to the growth and evolution of the Internet of Things – an IoT Innovation Grand Challenge!
Internet of Things Innovation Grand Challenge
Today, Cisco is announcing the Internet of Things Innovation Grand Challenge. This global open competition aims to recognize, promote and accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technologies and products created by startup businesses that will contribute to the growth and evolution of the Internet of Things.
About the Contest
Driven by Cisco IoE Innovation Centers around the world, The Internet of Things Innovation Grand Challenge is a global open competition that runs between April and October 2014, with the winners of the competition announced during the 2014 Internet of Things World Forum in Chicago. Similar to the Internet of Things Security Grand Challenge that was recently announced by Cisco, three winners of the Internet of Things Innovation Grand Challenge will share US $250,000 in prize money that can be used to jumpstart new and existing businesses contributing to the Internet of Things industry. In addition to the cash prizes, Cisco will provide winners with mentoring, training and access to business expertise from Cisco and other supporting organizations. They will be able to develop, test and pilot new technologies, plus have the opportunity for potential investment and partnering opportunities in the future.
- Submissions will be accepted between April 21 and July 1, 2014.
- Submissions must be entered into one of four categories: Applications and Application Enablement, Management, Networking, or Things.
- Each submission must map to one of a variety of industries (Education, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Energy, Retail, Transportation, Smart Cities).
- The contest will run in three phases:
- Phase 1: 19 ideas are selected for the Semi-Finals
- Phase 2: Six ideas are selected to proceed to the Finals
- Phase 3: Three ideas receive grand prizes
- Winners will be announced during the 2014 Internet of Things World Forum
Step Up To The Challenge
For full details on the Internet of Things Innovation Grand Challenge, please go to the official contest website. Come share your thoughts with other entrepreneurs.. Submit your ideas. Join the community where you can vote on other ideas, leave comments and build relationships. Join us on this exciting journey of the Internet of Things.Tags: