The open hybrid-cloud and big data are at the center of the IT transformation that will enable every business, country, and city to become a digital and technology organization. Cisco and Red Hat share a common vision for the future of IT. That’s why Cisco is going big at the Red Hat Summit, which kicks off June 23rd in Boston. It’s going to be a great week of conversations with IT professionals who are harnessing open source innovation across their businesses and organizations to deliver new models of IT.
I’m especially looking forward to the opening general session with Red Hat CEO, Jim Whitehurst and Satinder Sethi Cisco VP of Data Center and Cloud Solutions. I’m sure these two industry luminaries will have keen insights into the market transitions and IT innovations that put the data center at the heart of digital transformation.
Of course, the Cisco team will be busy with an action packed agenda of sessions and demos. Plan to make the Cisco booth your hub in the Red Hat Summit Partner Pavilion. Our mini-theater will feature non-stop tech talks that span OpenStack, Group Based Policy, Big Data and Developer Programs. Every visitor to the Cisco booth will leave with an ultra-cool Cisco hat.
Read More »
Tags: ACI, ACI and Open Stack, app developer, Big Data, Cisco Developer Network, Cisco UCS, OpenStack, red hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platfrom
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) and RISE (Remote Integrated Services Engine) have been helping Cisco partners and customers save massively on CAPEX and OPEX, while providing unprecedented scalability, high availability and ease and deployment. We had several events at Cisco Live San Diego 2015:
- ITD and RISE Whisper suite meetings for Nexus 9k/7k/5k. For further discussions, please email to email@example.com
- A large number of people came to ITD Booth in the World of Solutions, to watch a demo.
- Breakout sessions :
- New innovation demo at the Hub:
- ITD and Analytics Driven Green Networking : First prize winner in Hackathon 2015
- ITD won the Best of Interop, 2015 in Data Center category. Read blog.
- Nexus 7702 announcement : Nexus 7702 has a sweet spot in being a “services chassis” with RISE and ITD.
- Nexus 5k/6k : RISE and ITD are now shipping: NX-OS 7.1.1N1(1)
- Nexus 9k : ITD is now shipping: NX-OS 7.0(3)I1(2)
We hosted 1:1 customer meetings in whisper suites, during Cisco Live 2015 in San Diego. We had BU Executives, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers on site to meet with customers. It was a unique opportunity for customers to engage directly with the Business Unit. For further discussions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: #BestofInterop, #CiscoITD, #CiscoLive2015, #CLUS, ACI, best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, ciscolive, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, ITD, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, NFV, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Chances are that your storage area network (SAN) is already feeling the pressure from an avalanche of data. All that data can add real value to your business, but only if you can access it and use it instantly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To make this happen, IT managers need to be able to implement a single storage solution that can scale massively and cost-effectively, without causing performance, reliability, or security issues.
Discover how you can meet these challenges: Attend the Webinar on June 23rd 8:00 PST. REGISTER NOW
To address the high demand for storage in today’s IT environments, driven by proliferation of data from next-gen applications, customers are implementing innovative and affordable solutions to scale their datacenter. In one of India’s largest states (Madhya Pradesh), 6000 government entities across 53 departments need to grow their storage capacity, requiring thousands of network connections ultimately deliver traffic to the ‘Madhya Pradesh data center SAN’. Today, the data center SAN houses 120 TB of storage. Based on projected growth, soon it will need to support 500 TB. The Madhya Pradesh data center SAN is also operationally complex. Read the full case study to learn, What difficulty they faced ?, How did they overcome the challenges ? and What results they achieved?
- Increase SAN performance
- Support QoS and other advanced characteristics across a massive SAN and multiple vendor operating systems
- Simplify everything—management, scaling up, and eventual cloud services deployment
“We had expected to use 120 TB of storage capacity in three years and we used it in one year,” Rajesh Banbah, IT Head for Madhya Pradesh “Now with the Cisco MDS, we can evaluate storage needs every six months and scale in baby steps with pay-as-we-grow simplicity.” ( Read full case study here )
- Obtained full line-rate 16 Gbps performance
- Increased redundancy for 24-hour availability
- Simplified SAN management through built-in switch intelligence
Do you want to take advantage of Cisco SAN Solutions? Take a guided tour of the innovative new Cisco MDS 9396S high-density fabric switch, which delivers enterprise-class features, pay-as-you-grow scale options, and plug-and-play installation at a remarkably attractive price. Also learn about expanded 16G FICON and open system support on the Cisco MDS 9000 family. Find out how Cisco is extending 40G storage capabilities to the Cisco Nexus 7000 platforms, and see how we have enhanced SAN monitoring.
Learn how these innovations will enable you to:
- Enjoy industry-leading performance and resiliency with unmatched port density
- Future-proof your storage connectivity for any unforeseen future needs
- Deploy a truly converged Ethernet storage infrastructure
- Speed up deployment, increase operational efficiency, and avoid outages
See you all on June 23rd 8:00 PST. You can also get your questions answered in real time during the webcast by our team of experts. REGISTER NOW !
Sr Marketing Manager
Tags: FCoE, FICON, MDS 9396S
At Cisco Live 2015 in San Diego last week, we had a great turnout in customers and Cisco evangelists engaging in hundreds of conversations about the cloud, the future and present of networking, making new friends and having a good time.
In our Cisco Live Data Center press release and during Soni Jiandani’s Innovation Talk, we introduced a new member of the ACI ecosystem, CLiQr. I want to highlight CliQr here to illustrate the power of the open APIC for definition of application policy intent for scale, security, and enabling simple, fast, self-service deployment of an application on private or public cloud infrastructure. This new demo with CliQr’s CloudCenter and ACI integration captures the cloud admin’s experience to define and deploy a 3-tier application across compute, network, and storage shared resources.
Cisco ACI, when combined with CliQr’s CloudCenterTM Platform, delivers the promise of true end-to-end application-defined management of workloads in a secure and optimized ACI-powered cloud environment. The joint solution enables numerous advantages:
- A highly automated, 1-click end-to-end provisioning of infrastructure (compute, storage and network) as per the application’s requirement, following the best-practices guidelines of the infrastructure.
- Application-centric policy model that decouples policy (security, auditing, service-level agreements (SLAs), user experience, etc.) from network topology and supports application mobility
- Application deployments are secured with CliQr CloudCenterTM’s governance policies and are enforced with ACI’s policy-based forwarding capabilities with strong isolation and automated insertion of Firewalls and security appliances into the application traffic flow.
- End-to-end Visibility and Control: All of this delivered in a single graphical dashboard, providing true end-to-end visibility and control from the application down – all in one logical environment.
To learn more about Cisco ACI integration with CliQr CloudCenterTM register for the upcoming webinar June 18 here.
To Learn More:
Blog: CliQr Announces Support for Cisco ACI
White Paper: Cisco ACI and CliQr CloudCenterTM Integration and Solution Overview
Webcast: The Application-Defined Advantage – CliQr CloudCenterTM with Cisco ACI
Press Release: Cisco Extends SDN Leadership; Delivers Customer Choice for Data Center Programmability and Automation; Enhances Software and Expands Nexus Portfolio
Cisco Live Innovation Talk: INTGEN-1007 – Fast Track to Fast IT: Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure
Tags: #CiscoACI, ACI, ACI Policy Model, Cisco Powered Cloud, SDN
As customers embrace cloud strategy to build an agile data center, one of the key pillars is openness. Why openness? To move fast, accelerate time-to-market, drive higher level of innovation and avoid vendor lock-in are some of the benefits to openess. What does open mean? In this case, open source, open standards, open interfaces, open API’s, open tools set including automation, orchestration and DevOps.
Come and join Cisco at ONS June 15-18, 2015 to learn how we’ve been in the forefront developing and contributing to the open source community. Hear our speakers Tom Edsall Data Center SDN Solutions June 18 @ 2:00 pm, Mike Cohen at the partner theater June 18 @ 12:40 pm and others
See demos in Cisco’s booth on OpenStack, Group Based Policy GBP that enables capturing application requirements directly rather than converting the requirements into a set of infrastructure configuration updates, Open Dayligt, and more. In the solutions showcase section, you’ll see a service chaining demo with Avi and One Convergence.
What else are we doing to drive openness in the data center? BGP-EVPN control plane to define how VxLAN tunnel endpoints map MAC addressed to IP addresses in a multi-vendor environment, Network Service Header NSH offering a method to identify network service path, OpFlex is an extensible policy protocol designed to exchange abstract policy between a network controller and a set of smart devices capable of rendering policy, open SDN with ACI and many more.
Tags: ACI and Open Stack, BGP-EVPN, NSH, ons, OpFlex, SDN, VXLAN