On January 28th , Cisco launched the Intercloud solutions . On the tail of this announcement, we invited a couple of Cisco Champions to share their perspectives on hybrid cloud and Intercloud with one of our subject matter experts . This was our first Champion podcast.
Eric Wright (@discoposse) and Jonathan Davis (@subnetwork) joined Cisco Mark Loesel to talk about cloud trends, opportunities and challenges companies have to face to deploy a cloud model, and the benefits of intercloud solutions.
Listen to this podcast, hosted by @commsninja.
Amongst the topic covered in this first edition, you will find conversations about
- The evolution of the cloud market
- Embracing hybrid cloud
- When public cloud can’t work for an organization
- The impact of shadow IT
- The importance of security
- The Cisco Intercloud solution and the policy model
- How open do you want your solution to be
- The challenges to the deployment of hybrid cloud
- How cloud will mature
To go further, I encourage you to check the following blogs on Cisco Intercloud- You will find also excellent pointers for additional information.
- Cisco Announces Open and Secure Hybrid Cloud with the collaboration of Cloud Providers and Technology Partners By Fabio Gori
The Cisco Director of Cloud Solutions introduced in his blog the large partner ecosystem that Cisco creates to provides end-to-end -- From BT to Zerto, read the blogs of 11 of these partners .
- Cisco’s Cloud Portfolio- A quick Overview by Enrico Fuiano
In this blog, discover solutions to plan your cloud, build it, manage it, extend it, and choose partners as well as accelerate your cloud ROI.
- Cisco Intercloud Makes Hybrid Cloud Real by Sutapa Bansal
Part of a series of blogs on hybrid cloud, this article is about the openess, security an dflexibility provided by Cisco Intercloud
If you are not familiar with the Cisco Champions, I encourage you to read the blog from Colin Lynch (@UCSGuru) posted last month : What does it mean to be a Cisco Champion?