It is no secret that at Cisco, we love our furry co-workers. (We even have a Pets of Cisco Webex Teams space that is 1500+ employees strong and a constant, daily stream of cute!) And as they appear on Webex meetings coast-to-coast and around the globe – their resumes have truly grown these past few months!
From testing the speed of how fast their human can hit the mute button when a chorus of supportive mid-meeting barks break out to reminding us to take a moment to relax and stretch through jealously inducing mid-day naps, the #DogsOfCisco are some of our favorite co-woofers. And while we feel every day is a day to celebrate our pets, the calendar reminds us today – National Dog Day – is all for those furry canines.
Meet a few of our most recent #DogsOfCisco (and their Cisconians) that shared their stories on the @WeAreCisco Instagram:
1. Cisconian & Their Co-Woofer: Arun Dharan and Snow
2. Arun’s Current Role: Meraki Public Sector Account Manager
3. Location: San Francisco, California
4. What’s your favorite thing about having your pup as a co-woofer? I love being able to spend more time with him as he gets older, he always puts a smile on my face when I see him and I know he appreciates the extra attention.
5. How does your pup like to start their ‘work’ day? Long stretches and required belly rubs! After that he lines up his toys around him to start his ‘meetings’.
6. Any funny stories or Webex moments? Why does your pup #lovewhereyouwork? I was on a demo showing the Meraki dashboard and Snow jumped on my lap to say hi to everyone on Webex – complete with a lick to my face! Then he started to fall asleep on my lap so, of course, I had to accommodate him. Snow’s #lovewhereyouwork moment is because we have a great culture at Cisco where you look forward to going to work each day and making a difference to our end customers. He also loves the unlimited treats and belly rubs from his dad and co-workers.
1. Cisconian & Their Co-Woofer: Carmen Rios and Eevee and Cappy
2. Carmen’s Current Role: Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Manager in Customer Experience
3. Location: Mexico City
4. What’s your favorite thing about having your pup as a co-woofer? I love when they put their paw on me, especially on my lap. It reminds me to pause and reflect in my work day. I also think of how lucky I am to have them and the love we share, so I take some minutes to pet them.
5. How does your pup like to start their ‘work’ day? Eevee usually remains on the bed after I wake up before heading to the garden and looking for her toys so we can have a moment of play time before the real work begins.
6. Any funny stories or Webex moments? Why does your pup #lovewhereyouwork? There was a time that one of the dogs of a colleague started barking and my dogs heard it and started barking as well! It was a funny symphony between all the dogs barking through the Webex audio. My pups love ‘working’ at Cisco because my colleagues are so nice and receptive. They are part of the team and their barking is not something they get mad at – it just part of our lives and we move on to get the work done.
1. Cisconian & Their Co-Woofer: Monica Naim and Winston
2. Monica’s Current Role: Cisco Collaboration Specialist
3. Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
4. What’s your favorite thing about having your pup as a co-woofer? When I’m having a bad day, there is nothing more comforting than looking down and seeing a little floof curled up on my feet. It just makes me so happy that I am home with him and it always makes me smile.
5. How does your pup like to start their ‘work’ day? Winston wakes up, grumbles for food (like I do my coffee) and then does a couple laps or zoomies around our office. He eventually falls over from exhaustion and takes a nap on my feet.
6. Any funny stories or Webex moments? Why does your pup #lovewhereyouwork? Winston is naturally a “curious” pup, and I have a webex board in my office that is floor level. One time he took his nose and booped the board so many times that before I knew it he had called a co-worker overseas! When they answered all they saw was Winston ready to get to work! Hands down the funniest things he’s done.
1. Cisconian & Their Co-Woofer: Anatolii Shokhin and Benjamin (Benji)
2. Anatolii’s Current Role: Consulting Engineer
3. Location: Krakow, Poland
4. What’s your favorite thing about having your pup as a co-woofer? – My favourite thing about having Benji is that he helps remind me to take breaks during the work day. I can spend hours and hours working in front of my laptop without taking proper breaks but since I have Benji he reminds me to take a break every few hours for short walks and some games.
5. How does your pup like to start their ‘work’ day? Active and Fresh! It is hard to wake up Benji before 8am. So, by the time he gets up I’ve already had my coffee and planned my day. Then we we go for our morning walk, which we both enjoy very much.
6. Any funny stories or Webex moments? Why does your pup #lovewhereyouwork? Benji loves to be around while I am working. I got him when he was only 2 months old and he’s always loved sitting or sleeping on my lap. Now he is 6 months old, and has kept up with this habit. He’s usually a loud snorer when he sleeps, and I’ve had co-workers hear him through the Webex call in the background.
How are you celebrating National Dog Day? Share your Cisco pup with us on social media and tag #WeAreCisco #DogsOfCisco!
Ready to join our ‘pawesome’ teams? Apply now!
Comments are closed.