According to the Open Network User Group (ONUG), a consortium of IT leaders including Bank of America, Fidelity Investments, JP Morgan Chase, UBS, and Gap, among the top priorities to reduce network expenses was WAN management, coming it at #3.
This should not be a surprise with the growth of bandwidth demands from cloud, mobility and rich media applications like video. In fact, 68% of IT decision makers expect their WAN demand to grow. However, few (1 of 4 IT organizations) will have addition budget to pay for it.
Next week, over 5000 IT leaders will be meeting at CiscoLive Milan to find out how to prepare their organization for the opportunities ahead, and build a next-generation network. One essential element is building out a next-generation WAN.
For attendees making their way to the show, here are few sessions and demonstrations to note in your show planner.
Get More from Your Network with an Intelligent WAN – Customer Panel, including Genworth, SFR and Cisco
PNLRST-4006, Tuesday, January 28, 4:45-6:15 pm
South Wing, Level 2 Mezzanine, Suite 7
Intelligent WAN (WAN) – Enabling Business Class Internet – Technical Breakout with Scott Van de Houten, Distinguished Architect
BRKARC-2091, Wednesday, January 29, 2:30-4:30pm
South Wing, Level 2, Amber 5
Service Provider Cloud Managed Services – Learn about new value added services providers can deliver as customers migrate to hybrid WAN environments.
PSOSPG-1305, Thursday, January 30, 1:45-2:45
South Wing, Level 2, Amber 1
Cisco Intelligent WAN Overview – Short on time? Get a briefing in 15 minutes
World of Solutions, Partner Theater, 2:40-2:55.
Cisco IWAN Demos at the World of Solutions, Enterprise Networks and Partner Pavilion:
- Cisco IWAN – Increase Reliability and Lower Costs: Performance Routing (PfR)
- Cisco IWAN – Take Back Control Over the Network: AVC/WAAS
- Cisco Branch in a Box – Consolidate Your Branch Infrastructure: Cisco UCS-E
- Cloud-based Web Security at Branch for Direct Internet Access: Cisco CWS
- Expand Your Network to the Cloud with High Reliability and Security: Cisco CSR1000V
- Glue Networks –Cloud-based Multi-tenant Management
- ActionPacked Networks – Application Performance Monitoring/Visualization
And, if you cannot make it out to Milan, we still have many learning opportunities on Cisco.com/go/iwan. See you at CiscoLive!
CONNECT WITH CISCO