Transformation, a process to reinvent itself, occurs around every corner of our daily life. One of the most notable examples of transformation is metamorphosis. Metamorphosis is a process by which organisms such as insects, fish, and amphibians, undergo physical changes. The transformation of tadpoles into frogs is probably one of the most commonly known examples of metamorphosis.
Metamorphosis is a remarkable process. The speed and extent of cell growth and differentiation are astonishing. In most species, such rapid evolution and sweeping changes extend beyond the organism’s physical attributes. It also transforms its means of eating or its means of breathing to better adapt to an evolving environment.
Similarly, with the emergence of multi-cloud, a hybrid workforce, and cloud-based applications, networking has also been undergoing a metamorphosis. Connectivity and application experience are now at the forefront of day-to-day operational priorities for enterprises and organizations. The internet is critical to the new enterprise WAN. As a result, a modern SD-WAN solution needs to evolve, be flexible, and be built to connect users reliably and securely across multi-cloud, branches, data centers, and the hybrid workforce.
Cisco is constantly helping organizations continue their transformation. We are helping our customers to migrate from Viptela OS to Cisco IOS XE and the next generation of SD-WAN platforms. Cisco IOS XE is an innovative engine optimized for cloud connectivity and enhanced visibility, and it is built around a SASE architecture. Businesses and organizations can better adapt to this critical transformation to drive business resiliency and provide an exceptional user experience.
Benefits of Cisco IOS XE include:
- Multicloud: Provide superior cloud experience with direct integration into Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. Support secure and optimal access to cloud applications and destinations with SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect with Equinox and Megaport.
- Security: Deploy a comprehensive security solution, either on-premises or with cloud security, enabling enterprises to accelerate the transition to a secure access service edge (SASE) architecture.
- End-to-end visibility: Extend visibility beyond the traditional corporate network to quickly pinpoint the source of issues by correlating application behavior with the underlying network and into the internet, cloud, and SaaS.
- Application experience: Provide optimized support for most SaaS offerings, such as Microsoft 365 and Cisco WebEx unified communications (UC) platform.
- Performance: Improve overall performance and resiliency with next-generation SD-WAN solution supported by IOS XE.
- Proven enterprise solution: Support Integrated Unified Communications, multitenancy, and open APIs that improve operational efficiencies to reduce OpEx costs.
At Cisco, we are constantly innovating to help our customers adapt to your evolving needs. Learn how Insight Global has successfully undergone this transformation. As we have seen through metamorphosis, the result is not just about surviving but adapting and thriving in the face of constant change.
Learn more about Cisco IOS XE and its technical offerings and capabilities