5 Career Advice Tidbits from Cisco’s Systems Engineers
To create world-changing technology, you need world-changing technologists – like the engineers that help make up the #WeAreCisco tribe.
So who better to give career advice to aspiring Cisconians than these inspiring Cisconians? These systems engineers are all Chairman’s Club Winners – the top 1% in their organization (which earns them a trip to Hawaii with the senior leadership team), so you might want to perk up and pay attention.
- It’s all up to you! Prioritize your career, build strong relationships and go above and beyond what’s asked of you. – Martin Kundrat
- My career advice? Set goals for yourself, short and long term, and then align with mentors that can help you get there. – Temi Ajasa
- What makes a successful Systems Engineer? Have an analytical brain and be a great communicator. – Lidiya Krunic
- Make sure you understand a vast portfolio, but then specialize in a niche technology to add value. – Sven Arend
- My secret to success is that I’m not only an SE (Systems Engineer) but I’m also an SE (Social Exciter.) – Jason Gooley
We loved this advice so much that we did an Instagram Story on these SEs and other technologists at Cisco. In case you missed it, here’s a replay (You are following WeAreCisco on Instagram, right?)
Have a piece of career advice? Add it to the comments below.
Want to join a great team and strive to become a Chairman’s Club member? Take a look at open opportunities.Tags: