Cisco® Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) is an innovative solution to bridge the performance gap between a multi-terabit switch and gigabit servers and appliances. ITD is much superior than legacy solutions such as PBR, ECMP, Port-channel, etc for service appliances and servers. ITD is allowing customers to achieve massive CAPEX and OPEX savings. Here is a table comparing with some of the features.
Customers are using ITD for a multitude of use-cases.
- Load-balance traffic to 256 servers of 10Gbps each.
- Load-balance to cluster of Firewalls. ITD is much superior than PBR.
- Scale up NG IPS and WAF by load-balancing to standalone devices.
- Scale the WAAS / WAE solution.
- Scale the VDS-TC (video-caching) solution.
- Replace ECMP/Port-channel to avoid re-hashing. ITD is resilient.
- ITD Part -1: Part -1
- Slides: ITD feature overview presentation
- White paper: At a glance
- Demo: Demonstration of ITD
- ITD with Network Monitoring device:ITD with NAM
- ITD with Web application firewall: ITD with Imperva
- ITD config guide: ITD config guide
Email Query or feedback:firstname.lastname@example.org