Cloud usage continues to rise as every business looks for greater speed, agility, and cost efficiency. But as more workloads shift to the cloud, many companies are running into the same challenges they hoped to overcome in the first place. How to get what you need for hybrid cloud success?
Many of the challenges associated with cloud. Migration are due to increased fragmentation.
When applications and infrastructure are spread across multiple environments – on-premises, colo, multi-cloud, branch office, edge – IT operations become splintered. This makes it hard to maintain systems visibility and apply data analytics holistically to get the operational insights that make a difference. It also becomes difficult to achieve automation and security consistently when mutiple siloes of technology and management tools exist.
Too much fragmentation has negative impact on speed, agility, and cost efficiency.
But there’s no need to rip out and replace all of your legacy investments in on-premise infrastructure in order to build an effective hybrid cloud. Quite the opposite. If you build for distributed computing on premises, you can marry your clouds harmoniously for fast deployment, simple systems administration and seamless movement of applications across core, cloud, and edge environments.
- Collapse silos of storage, compute, and data management services down to a cluster of x86 servers that can be deployed, managed, and supported as a single system
- Support IT organizational transformation through consolidation of roles that are focused on virtualization, compute, and storage at the generalist level
- Reduce the need to deploy different types of siloed infrastructure within the data center, including data efficiency and data protection solutions
Translate to business value
After interviewing organizations that are running various business applications and workloads on Cisco HyperFlex, IDC projects the operational and cost benefits of the platform are worth $58,600 per 100 users ($1.98 million per organization) per year, including:
- 452% five-year ROI, 50% lower cost of operations, and an 8-month payback
- 91% less unplanned downtime and 50% faster development lifecycle
- 71% more efficient IT infrastructure teams. And 93% less staff time needed to deploy new servers
See what HCI can do for your business computing, try the Cisco HyperFlex ROI calculator.