Catena selected as Best of Interop 2017 finalist
In the light of inserting various L4-L7 services, deploying infrastructure for multi-tenant applications can be very complex! Catena, the latest innovation from Cisco can help. But don’t just take our word for it. Previously chosen as the product of the week ,Catena has now been selected as Best of Interop 2017 finalist in each of the Cloud, Data & Analytics and Infrastructure categories. Finalists were chosen from nine categories including Data Center, Mobility, SDN and Cloud Technologies.
What is Catena?
Catena is a multi-terabit , switch/router native service chaining, security, load-balancing, analytics and L4-L7 applications integration solution. Catena can perform these operations at multi Tbps! The solution works with all L4-L7 virtual and physical devices, such as, Firewalls, IPS, IDS, WAAS, DDoS protection, load-balancers, SSL offload engines, network monitoring, etc.
With our patent pending algorithms, Catena allows users to create multiple chains with multiple elements in each chain. User can configure security policies to configure which traffic goes through which chain. An element, could be a cluster of devices, in which case Catena load-balances to the cluster. Catena performs health monitoring and failure handling of devices.
Here are some key points:
- Catena does security, service chaining, load-balancing, analytics, L4-L7 integration and orchestration as a single solution.
- Significant performance improvement: Today’s solutions only solve a small part of the problem at a maximum performance of 400Gbps. Catena can scale to multi Tbps.
- Scale improvement: Catena can create large number of chains, with multiple elements (ex. VNFs) in each chain.
- CAPEX savings: Today, partial solution costs around $20K for up to 100 Gbps performance, Catena works at multi Tbps for a fraction of that price.
- OPEX savings: Today, the user has to do VLAN stitching or create default gateways, which is very hard to deploy, error prone and inefficient.
- With existing solutions in the market, either all the traffic is in a chain or not. Catena allows for secured partitioning of the traffic through multiple chains.
- Catena allows user to create multiple chains using the same network elements.
- Catena offers High availability improvement.
- Catena configuration guide
- Catena command reference guide
For more information, please email email@example.com