Over the last few months we’ve made some nice additions and improvements to Cisco.com. We’ll be writing in more detail about these individually, but I’d thought I’d give a short recap.
1. Faster Downloads! We’ve had some big performance improvements in the download experience, both in terms of reducing the number of steps to get a download and also in dramatically reducing the time it takes files to download. We’ve done much of this by pushing 75% of software images to the cloud – starting with the most popular and larger images for widest impact – and we’ve been contnuing this push. See this recent post for more. Here’s a chart we made to show the improvements:
2. All-in-one Product Pages. We’re experimenting with some new “all in one” product pages in the Cisco.com support area, which bring together support, documentation, downloads, product specs, community content and other information into one format. Examples: ASA 5550 Adaptive Security Appliance and AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. More to come on this and we’d like your feedback on it.
3. The Support home page has added new personalized capabilities for customers and partners when you log in to do common things like downloading software or visiting product pages, etc.
4. Technical Support mobile app-- now for iOS and Android – sports more capabilities for support case management
5. Bugs! Seldom a favorite thing anywhere, unless you’re searching for information about them. We’ve added some enhancements to Cisco.com site search to make that searching easier.
We’re constantly making improvements to Cisco.com and our mobile presence, and, as always, look forward to your feedback via the feedback link that’s at the bottom of every page.