Tackle the Great Outdoors with These Great Cisco Outdoor Access Points
Whether you’re looking to extend your wireless network to cover the entirety of your campus or you’re a municipality making sure that your public service departments have their own dedicated wireless network, the suite of Cisco Aironet 1560 Series Access Points (AP) have the solution for you.
The Cisco 1560 Series Access Points offer features that go beyond the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard and can withstand the often-unpredictable elements of the great outdoors. Whether deployed as a traditional access point or as a wireless mesh access point, the Cisco Aironet 1560 Series AP provides the throughput capacity needed for today’s bandwidth hungry devices.
Easy to deploy and flexible too, network operators are given the option to choose access points with either internal or external antennas. Both choices result in the fastest links possible for mobile, outdoor clients. Like the other products in the Cisco 802.11ac Wave 2 standard family, the Aironet 1560 Series Access Points come equipped with a number of Cisco enterprise-level features such as:
• 80MHz Channel and MU-MIMO support for better performance
• Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology which is software configurable for either single-band or dual-band antennas
• Mobility Express for small to medium sized networks that require simple, fast deployments
• Cisco High Density Experience (HDX) that improves performance in crowded Wi-Fi Networks
• Radio Resource Management for dynamic transmitter channel and power control
Cisco understands that not all outdoor wireless networks are created equal. This is why there are four solutions to best fit your outdoor wireless solution:
• 1562I is an access point outfitted with internal antennas.
• 1562E is an access point with support for external antennas.
• 1562D is an access point that comes with internal directional antennas.
• 1562PS is an access point which operates on a dedicated 4.9GHz public safety band.
With products that span the gamut from low-cost access points to these new outdoor APs, the Cisco Aironet 1560 Series Access Points round out Cisco’s comprehensive line of 802.11ac Wave 2 products. No other company can claim the variety and breadth of solution that Cisco can—Cisco has an answer for any size organization. To select the right Cisco Aironet 802.11ac Wave 2 Access Point that is right for you, click here.
To learn even more about this announcement, click here.
Share your opinions about the Cisco Airnet 1560 Series Access Point with your peers in the community discussions here.