Cisco is probably best known as the company that creates the technology & innovations that power the Internet and connects people & devices together across the globe. Cisco’s platforms enable the largest networks in the world — from the biggest enterprises, governments, & organizations… but did you know that Cisco also caters to smaller organizations with simpler needs?
We understand that a one-size-fits-all approach does not work with technology and especially with our customers. Cisco offers solutions that cater to our small and medium business customers, and they can be easily bought, self-installed and managed. Our solutions can be delivered through a vast network of partners who specialize in this customer segment. For our partners, we continue to ensure that we have the right programs and promotions in place to enable your success, including those offering Managed Services through our product portfolio.
It’s no secret that today’s world is hyperconnected, and the workplace is now hybrid where work and home know no boundaries. Did you also know that Cisco is the leading provider of Wi-Fi & Network/Security innovations that enable the hybrid world?
To help fuel the growth of our small and medium business customers, Wi-Fi 6 is now available and at a price point that will satisfy our price-conscious customers. Just because the size of the network and budgets may be smaller doesn’t mean the technology within must be a trade-off. Cisco’s portfolio of products purpose-built for small and medium businesses showcases the best of Cisco’s innovations, reliability, & security, without the complexity required in larger networks.
The Cisco Business Wireless portfolio enables our customers the benefits of upgrading to Wi-Fi 6, which includes:
First and foremost – Faster Speeds
More available throughput, and faster speeds for devices, enable new applications & customer experiences.
4k video is the norm, from immersive streaming content to social media, and in business collaboration and conferencing tools, enabling face-to-face in the new hybrid world. Now there’s even 8k video that boggles one’s eyes.
High Density Performance
Personal devices, IoT, customers/visitors – imagine sitting in a café enjoying some breakfast. Look around and notice what the other customers are doing besides eating. It’s likely that there’s folks on conference calls on their phones or laptops, some are watching the news, checking the stock market, social media, etc. All these customers are connected to the same network that is operating the business of the café. A secure and reliable solution from Cisco is what business owners depend on to keep the headache out of IT.
As an example, this year (2022) an average household with two teenagers will own around 50 Internet-connected devices, including many IoT devices, from sensors to smart home appliances (according to Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, OECD). Prior to Wi-Fi 6, dense networks were suffering from collisions and consequently network performance suffered, but that’s now a thing of the past.
Mobile device battery technology hasn’t changed much over the years, but I know I wish my batteries lasted longer. Wi-Fi 6 enables greater efficiency through reducing battery burden on the connected Wi-Fi devices. Target Wake Time lets access points schedule when packets are sent to connected clients, and devices can go into low power mode when not being used. Devices can achieve up to 67% improvement.
Cisco Business Wireless offers a flexible Wi-Fi 6 solution:
- Like some competitor offerings, this is not a consumer-grade solution that is marketed as Enterprise, nor are shortcuts taken in quality, performance or true Wi-Fi 6. Remember that Wi-Fi 6 operates in both 2.4 & 5GHz, don’t be fooled by cheap solutions that only operate in 5GHz.
- Deploy multiple APs and manage as a single entity — provide seamless coverage for the entire workplace. No separate controller SW required – it’s all integrated.
- Management via Mobile App, Web Browser, and for Managed Service Providers, the option of Cisco Business Dashboard for remote monitoring and management.
- Cisco Business 150AX Access Point is a Wi-Fi 6 model supporting up to 1500Mbps of wireless connectivity, everything included in the box, from mounting to power.
- Cisco Business 151AXM Mesh Extender can provide coverage where network cabling may not be feasible to install, minimizing pesky gaps in coverage, and best of all, it is plug and play.
- All backed by a comprehensive warranty, including 3yrs of HW support, multiple help options including via phone, & bug fixes and security updates all included as part of the warranty.
I’m listening, so how can I buy? Customers who wish to deploy themselves can purchase the new Cisco Business 150AX Access Point and 151AXM Mesh Extender through eComm partners such as Amazon.com or other e-tailers. Cisco partners can contact their distributor of choice.
You can read more about the Cisco Business Wireless products here.
CONNECT WITH CISCO