TelePresence Provisioning 2.0 – a new paradigm in large scale provisioning of fixed and mobile video endpoints
The trend to increase workforce mobility has accelerated, more customers are proactively empowering employees to work wherever and whenever they have access, to increase productivity and streamline their business. This growing number of employees being set up with video-enabled tablet devices and video endpoints however has added to the burden of IT management; especially massive user, device and phone book provisioning from hundreds of devices to tens of thousands of devices—and across geographic regions and firewalls.
Specifically for telepresence, IT resources have been focused on helping an increasing number of mobile and remote users configure and personalize their devices, endpoints settings, and preferences. Fueled by this demand, Cisco is excited to introduce Cisco TelePresence Provisioning 2.0.
Telepresence Provisioning 2.0 supports up to 100,000 devices and users across multiple Cisco endpoints: C-Series, E-Series, EX-Series, MX-Series, SX-Series and Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence – this scale is unmatched in the industry. The foundation for this new approach to provisioning is our Video Communications Server (VCS) X7.1 and TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) 13.2.
Here are a few highlights of the new provisioning features and functionality:
- A new FindMe™ portal: Allows users to easily define contact preferences while at home, at the office, or on the road
- Automated user creation: With Microsoft Active Directory and standard LDAP directory services
- Seamless provisioning: With phone books and directories for users and devices behind a firewall
- “Zero Touch Provisioning” for efficient massive deployments: Home or remote workers can make video calls “out-of-the-box”, eliminating the configuration of new endpoints and IT administrator involvement
- Automatic software updates: Ensures devices and endpoints have the most up-to-date support and improvements
I recently sat down to discuss these highlights further. Watch the video below to see more!
Telepresence Provisioning 2.0 is a new paradigm in large scale provisioning of fixed and mobile video endpoints. Customers can transform their businesses through increased workforce mobility and productivity, while at the same time enjoying the benefit of substantial cost savings.
To learn more, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/telepresence