TelePresence and WebEx Together – Giving Our Customers the Best of Both Worlds
Peanut butter and jelly. Sonny and Cher. Ying and yang. Can you think of other things that go together so well? I couldn’t until March’s Enterprise Connect when we announced that Cisco TelePresence and WebEx were uniting to deliver voice, two-way HD video and content sharing to any employee.
Why is this significant? With tens of thousands of Cisco TelePresence endpoints and more than 30 million active WebEx users, we wanted to make B2B video collaboration easier than ever. By combining our market leading Web conference solution, WebEx, with the market leading enterprise high-quality video capabilities in our telepresence solutions we are enabling a seamless meeting with anyone, anywhere, on any device.
Optimized to work with any standards-based video endpoints, Cisco TelePresence and WebEx helps organizations broaden the reach of video collaboration and simplify the experience for all participants.
What can our customers expect by bringing together these two powerful collaboration tools?
I’ve outlined a few benefits below:
- Ease of Use
- With our One Button to Push (OBTP) users can schedule, easily start and participate in a meeting , WebEx users can join by clicking on the WebEx link in the meeting invite
- Users can expect a seamless and familiar experience regardless of whether they choose to join a conference using telepresence or WebEx
- Users can invite anyone, choosing to use TelePresence and or WebEx, based on who is being invited within their organization or outside through a personal email invite
- These meetings can be scheduled and delivered using familiar tools such as Outlook
- With Cisco Jabber, users can connect via mobile or tablet devices
- Enhanced Meeting Experience
- With Cisco TelePresence endpoints users are able to experience the best, lifelike video to enhance collaboration
- High definition video up to 720p between TelePresence endpoints and WebEx delivering a quality experience
- Share content securely within a meeting– including applications and desktop content
- Expand conferencing options for organizations to easily make video collaboration available for anyone to be used more broadly within and outside of the company
- Scale face to face communication throughout an organization to foster greater collaboration
This announcement further supports our vision of pervasive conferencing and making video as easy as voice. It’s a result of our effort to unite the best and brightest in our solution offerings to enhance ease of use and flexibility.
Click here to learn more about how TelePresence and WebEx are working together to create an environment where people can easily work together, from anywhere and on any device.