A Closer Look at Cisco Live 2020 – A Powerful Virtual Experience
On June 16-17, 2020 for the first time we held the 31st annual Cisco Live as an entirely virtual event. Our focus this year was “Possibilities”, where teams collaborated and showcased the importance of the digital journey throughout the event.
Cisco Live 2020 had over 120,000 registered attendees spanning globally across our three sales and marketing regions: Asia-Pacific/Japan (APJ), Europe/Middle East/Africa/Russia (EMEAR), and Americas (AMER), exceeding our expectations and that of our partners and customers. It was an interactive experience with each presenter broadcasting from their home office, using Cisco WebEx technology. Attendees had a glimpse into each presenter’s hobbies and interests in the background.
This year, Cisco Live offered a session catalog to help attendees build their own personal broadcast schedule. The virtual experience featured simultaneous channels of live broadcast content each day. These broadcasts were available for everyone to view and participants could dynamically switch between channels to watch content most applicable to their specific interests.
Customizable Event Schedule Saves Time and Effort
Thought Leadership presentations, product demonstrations, and live performances from top artists were some of the many sessions to choose from during the event. Cisco Live provided an interactive user experience with four live channels and attendees were able to plan their virtual experience over the two-day event.
We also rolled out our first virtual service provider Wonderwall, a fun, interactive website with a visual display of equipment that tells our end-to-end 5G story. Here you can learn more about the latest products and solutions to help you plan your 5G journey from the customer access point to the core. In addition, you can view customer case study videos and review detailed product descriptions, some in a 360-degree format.
Cisco Live US 2020 Digital Event Service Provider Sessions
Service Provider Customer Spotlight: Expanding the Internet for the Future, Today – Supporting First Responders and Society at Large hosted by Jonathan Davidson, SVP/GM, Mass-scale Infrastructure Group, Cisco.
- Transform Your Infrastructure: Internet for the Future featuring Jonathan Davidson, SVP/GM, Mass-scale Infrastructure Group, Cisco.
- Unleashing Innovation with 5G and Wi-Fi 6 featuring Bob Everson, Director, Product Management-Engineering, Cisco.
- Next Generation SP Transport Network Architectures featuring Matt Birkner, Distinguished Engineer, Customer Experience, Cisco and Ben Colling, Head of SP Routing and Optical Specialists for EMEAR, Cisco.
Additional Service Provider PSO Sessions:
- Software Defined IP Transport Networks with Cisco Crosswork Automation
- Flexible Cloud-Based SP Operations for BGP and Traffic Automation with Crosswork Network Insights
- The Zen of Orchestration and Automation
- Cisco Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure
- Accelerate SMB Outcomes with Turnkey Managed Services that Support Remote Work and More
Service Provider Demos:
There are many ways you can “go virtual” to address these challenging times. Whatever efforts and changes you make can be beneficial and position you for the future, as this age of social distancing might be with us for quite some time. We stand ready to help you select products and solutions to meet your needs and grow your business.