Social Media Club Silicon Valley: Social Media for Social Good #smcsv
I’m participating in a panel discussion at PayPal on Thursday evening about using social media for social good. This is the inaugural meeting of the Social Media Club – Silicon Valley, and it will be a great opportunity to meet some social media professionals.
I’m extremely interested in this discussion, as I am only 3 months into my new role as Marketing Strategy Manager for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). I believe social media is powering a revolution in social causes today.
Please join us at this event if you’re in the bay area, and if you can’t make it, I’ll post a follow up blog and try to capture some video interviews.
Venue: Town Hall Room, Paypal
Address: 2161 N 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95131(Near San Jose Airport off 101)
Date: January 27, 2011
Topic: Social Media for Social Good
Please join us for the inaugural meeting of Social Media Club Silicon Valley!
Hosted in PayPal’s Town Hall Room and sponsored by eBay Developers Program, the meeting will feature a moderated discussion of “Social Media for Social Good”.
- Colt Briner, vice president and general manager of Democrasoft and co-creator of Collaborize Classroom. Colt Briner has been working to create technology for a better society since 2003. He also volunteers his time as a director at the Virtual Country Foundation, a California-based nonprofit exploring ways to use technology to improve democratic participation in businesses.
- Chris Wilder, executive director of the Valley Medical Center Foundation. Chris is an avid social media user who regularly blogs in support of the foundation’s important work on behalf of Santa Clara County’s largest public hospital.
- Stephanie Woehrmann, actress, press director, teacher, social media aficionado for El Teatro Campesino. Resident Musical Director of El Teatro Campesino since 2006, she has produced, written and composed many musicals, plays and actos for El Teatro Campesino.
- Judy Chang, Senior Manager of Vertical Markets for PayPal.
- Charlie Treadwell is Corporate Affairs Marketing manager in Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program.
Sign up early as seats will fill up quickly. In addition, this is a great opportunity to participate and the ground-floor level with a brand new and very important chapter of the global Social Media Club, meet your fellow new members and have a great evening!
As always, the event will feature food, drinks and excellent networking opportunities!
Don’t have time to register in advance? Last minute attendees are welcome and pay $20 cash at the door.
We want everyone interested to be able to attend. If you are currently unemployed and the attendance fee would be a burden, please get in touch with us at socialmediaclubsv *at* gmail *dot* com or on Twitter at @smc_sv.
About Social Media Club:
Social Media Club is the world’s leading organization of Social Media professionals, formed in 2006 with its first meeting in Silicon Valley. Since then, it has grown to have a presence in over 240 cities around the world, reaching over 200,000 people. With this meeting, we are seeking new volunteers to join the local leadership team and support our ongoing efforts in San Francisco. You can follow us locally on Twitter, join our Facebook page, and join us on the international Social Media Club site.