A new custom My Cisco and Workspace
We’ve just rolled out an updated version of the My Cisco pulldown — that handy pulldown that’s available across most Cisco.com pages.
One of the biggest new features is customization: You can now add more portlets to My Cisco, or remove or rearrange the ones you have. Think of these portlets as smart, personalized services that show relevant Cisco information that’s just for you. Among the portlets available are:
- Recent service requests
- Alets for updates on software previously downloaded
- Products recently viewed or visited in the support area (so you can get back quickly)
- Products and devices that you own or manage (so you can see one-stop documentation, support and alert information)
- Active support notifications
- Ability for partners to share their desktops right from Cisco.com (via WebEx sessions) and invite customers into collaboration spaces.
- Network bookmarks available from any system you use
Additionally, we’ve created an online workspace (My Cisco Workspace) that offers bigger versions of portlets. And, there is an impressive set of extra portlets for partners available to be added to the workspace. Finally, there’s room to grow in both the My Cisco pulldown and the workspace.
There’s a neat customization catalog, available in 16 languages:
Once you’ve added portlets to the My Cisco pulldown and My Cisco Workspace, you can rearrange the order in any way you wish by simply dragging them with your mouse.