I hope you’re excited about our next generation 550X, 350X, 350 and 250 series switches. These new switches bring new capabilities, better performance and lower energy consumption at the same affordability of our classic 500, 300 and 200 series switches.
The online emulators for these new switches are now ready. Check them out if you haven’t done so.
While we work hard to bring brand new hardware to you as fast as we can, we continue to add new features to our software, so you can always enjoy additional capabilities on your devices.
Recently, we released 2.2.5 version for the next generation 550X, 350X, 350 and 250 series switches. A huge list of new capabilities are made available exclusively on these next generation products.
- Smart Network Application (SNA) — An application that assists you to manage the Cisco SMB switching network. The application shows you an overview of the network topology, including detailed monitoring information for devices and traffic. SNA also lets you globally view and modify configurations on all supported devices in the network. Check out our previous blog for more information on SNA.
- iSCSI traffic optimization on 550X and 350X series
- Enhanced object tracking for VRRP – IP SLA object tracking for 550X series
- Policy-based routing on 550X series (Added in 2.2.0)
- Remote SPAN (Added in 2.2.0)
- Embedded RADIUS server (Added in 2.2.0)
- Support for 10G SFP+ modules — SFP-10G-SR-S= and SFP-10G-LR-S= SFP+ modules are now supported on 350X and 550X series switches. (Added in 2.2.0)
We’ve also released 1.1 version for our 220 Series Smart Switch with great enhancements. New features include
- PoE+ enabled on all ports (previously only the first 4 ports are PoE+ enabled)
- More energy efficiency features
- Port LED ON/OFF administratively
- Time-based port management
- Time-based PoE
- Enhanced 802.1X support
- Single-host, multi-host and multi-session mode
- Single-host mode violation actions
- RADIUS VLAN authorization
- Lookback detection and spanning tree loopback guard
And finally, we released 1.4.7 version for our 500, 300 and 200 series switches. New features include
- Support for S-Class 10G SFP+ — SFP-10G-SR-S= and SFP-10G-LR-S=
- Multicast TV VLAN enhancement — You can now configure up to 256 multicast address ranges and, in each range, you can configure the full multicast address scope.
We hope you’re as excited as we are about those new capabilities. Download the software update today and try them out yourself!
Until next time!
Your Truly – Aaron and the rest of the Switch Team.
CONNECT WITH CISCO