EuroMPI 2012: Call for Papers
It’s that time of year again — time to submit EuroMPI 2012 papers!
The conference will be in Vienna, Austria on 23-26 September, 2012. Please come join us! It’s an excellent opportunity to hear how real-world users are actually using MPI, find out about bleeding-edge MPI-based research, and hear what the MPI Forum is up to.
Here’s the official EuroMPI 2012 CFP:
BACKGROUND AND TOPICS
EuroMPI is the preeminent meeting for users, developers and researchers to interact and discuss new developments and applications of message-passing parallel computing, in particular in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI). The annual meeting has a long, rich tradition, and the 19th European MPI Users’ Group Meeting will again be a lively forum for discussion of everything related to usage and implementation of MPI and other parallel programming interfaces. Traditionally, the meeting has focused on the efficient implementation of aspects of MPI, typically on high-performance computing platforms, benchmarking and tools for MPI, short-comings and extensions of MPI, parallel I/O and fault tolerance, as well as parallel applications using MPI. The meeting is open towards other topics, in particular application experience and alternative interfaces for high-performance heterogeneous, hybrid, distributed memory systems.
Topics of interest for the meeting include, but are not limited to:
- MPI implementation issues and improvements
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces
- Relation of MPI to alternative interfaces for hybrid/heterogeneous distributed memory systems
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in particular new high performance architectures
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI based applications
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations
- Verification of message passing applications and protocols
- Applications using message-passing, in particular in Computational Science and Scientific Computing
- Non-standard message-passing applications
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm
- Algorithms using the message-passing paradigm
The meeting will feature contributed talks on the selected, peer-reviewed papers, invited expert talks covering upcoming and future issues, a vendor session where selected vendors will present their new developments in hybrid and heterogeneous cluster and high-performance architectures, a poster session, and a tutorial day. As in 2011, EuroMPI 2012 will include the special session IMUDI dedicated to improving MPI user and developer interaction. The special session will have the same deadlines as the conference, but its own CFP and feature its own specialist program committee that will review all dedicated IMUDI submissions. This session should attract strongly application focused papers showing potential or problems with MPI and current MPI practice. IMUDI papers may be shorter and may center on problem analysis rather than solution, and will thus contribute to intensify discussion between MPI developers and application programmers. Other, special sessions may be organized, and proposals are solicited. Proceedings for EuroMPI 2012 will be published in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). A Special Issue of the Springer “Computing” journal is planned for a selection of the best papers of the conference.