Euro MPI 2011 Call for Pariticpation
WHAT: EuroMPI 2011 Conference
WHERE: Santorini, Greece
WHEN: September 18-21, 2011
BACKGROUND AND TOPICS
EuroMPI is the primary meeting where the users and developers of MPI and other message-passing programming environments can interact. The 18th European MPI Users’ Group Meeting will be a forum for the users and developers of MPI, but also welcome hybrid programing models that combine message passing with programming of modern architectures such as multi-core, or accelerators.
Through the presentation of contributed papers, poster presentations and invited talks, attendees will have the opportunity to share ideas and experiences to contribute to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related parallel programming paradigms.
Topics of interest for the meeting include:
- Algorithms using the message-passing paradigm
- Applications in science and engineering based on message-passing
- User experiences in programming heterogeneous systems using MPI
- Tools and environments for programming heterogeneous systems using MPI
- MPI implementation issues and improvements
- Latest extensions to MPI
- MPI for high-performance computing, clusters and grid environments
- New message-passing and hybrid parallel programming paradigms
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware
- Fault tolerance in message-passing programs
- Performance evaluation of MPI applications
- Tools and environments for MPI
Four invited talks will be given by
- Pete Beckman, Director, Exascale Technology and Computing Institute
- George Bosilca, Research Professor, Innovative Computing Laboratory,UTK
- Michael Resch, Director, High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
- Sudip Dosanjh, Senior Manager, Sandia National Laboratories
In the scientific program 29 selected papers will be presented, including two best papers, and 9 poster/short presentations.
The Special Session on Improving MPI User And Developer Interaction (IMUDI) will be held in conjunction with EuroMPI (http://press.mcs.anl.gov/imudi2011/cfp/) on Wednesday 21st September. In IMUDI two invited talks will be given and three papers will be presented.