Cisco Blogs
Share

Partner Summit Day One: Write the Rules, Own the Game

- April 28, 2010 - 0 Comments

Partner Summit 2010 officially opened today with Keith Goodwin, Senior VP of WW Partners, addressing partners at the general session and thanking them for their continued support. Keith elaborated on the theme of Partner Summit: Write the Rules, Own the Game. So what does that mean, exactly?

We can write the rules to help us grow faster and make more money which will have a huge impact on customers. By leading the market transitions, we will own the game, thereby winning against the competition.

With this theme as the backdrop, Keith then launched into how collaboration, video, the data center, and cloud-based services will define the next-generation Internet, and encouraged partners to focus on growth and profitability. He also reiterated that Cisco will invest in its partners to help them seize opportunities.

There was plenty of news to come out of this session, new programs, and new offers…

Randy Pond, EVP of Operations, Processes and Systems, then addressed the audience, talking about lead times. He reassured attendees that Cisco is aggressively raising inventory levels and buying commodities, and emphasized the importance of My Cisco and the power it offers for even better partner collaboration.

Keith mentioned that last week Tandberg officially joined the Cisco family. Tandberg sells 100% through partners and is committed to providing a value-based partner program. Keith announced a special promotion for our Partners offering TelePresence starter kits at 70% off, a $40,000 USD value for less than $13,000USD

Attendees then heard from Rob Lloyd, EVP of WW Operations. Rob explained how One Cisco is a collaborative model, offering multi-billion dollar opportunities and dynamic resource allocation. Rob emphasized Keith’s point on leading market transitions, and rallied partners to look at new business models, new sales teaming and architectural plays.

Edison Peres, Senior VP of WW Partners Go-To Market Group, echoed those themes, and talked about how services will be even more important going forward. He announced a new Cisco Product and Services go-to-market strategy that provides more partner opportunity and clarifies engagement. Edison also explained the Global Partner Network, which will enable partners to collaborate to manage product and service deliveries around world. Finally, Edison announced the Teaming Incentive Program (TIP), which encourages early partner engagement.

Next, Luanne Tierney, VP of WW Partner Marketing, took center stage, providing partners with an update on the next Partner Velocity, which will take place in Barcelona. She also highlighted Partner Marketing Central, which offers partners a more effective way to create custom campaigns and use social media. Luanne also spoke about offering Architecture Messaging to help partners have strategic conversations and effectively market architectures.

Keith wrapped up by announcing a new co-funding offer through our global learning partners to help partners train as Business Architects. Through this training investment, Cisco will cover 75% of the training expense leaving only 25% for partners to fund to take advantage of this new curriculum.

Each of the speakers discussed a wealth of topics, all crammed into just two hours.

To keep up on the latest news from Partner Summit, share your thoughts, and participate in discussions, visit Channels Buzz.

In an effort to keep conversations fresh, Cisco Blogs closes comments after 60 days. Please visit the Cisco Blogs hub page for the latest content.

Share