Off the Shelf and into Production – grow your lifecycle services business now!
There has never been a better time to take inventory with your customers. By asking them if you can help them assess their software investments to turn dormant “shelf-ware” into “productive-ware, you will begin to discover new business, and new opportunities to sell services that support the entire software lifecycle.
Every customer wants to be as effective with the software investments they make and wants to quickly realize the return on their investments. Your work to discover activation opportunities or adoption and usage increases is just the beginning of adding value to your customers!
There are a lot of reasons why this is important – but here are my top three:
- Building Software as a Service (SaaS) Models – As businesses move to the cloud – new SaaS based models are critical in driving profitability. This will take time to build, but once in place you are sure to see long term benefits. (See channel impact report on the six points to becoming a cloud-savvy channel partner here.)
- Upgrading the Install Base – With roughly half of our SaaS deals today being upsells to our existing customer base – now is your opportunity to not only establish adoption services but align with your customers’ needs by offering a broader set of managed service offerings.
- Increasing Customer Loyalty – When your customer sees that you have turned “shelf-ware” into “productive-ware” you are taking another step toward providing life time value to your customer.
Cisco is here to help you begin the hunt and find the hidden services treasures in your new and existing accounts. To begin, we’ve created a new collaboration SaaS partner model to prepare you for WebEx and Project Squared solution selling. In the next few weeks, please visit our SaaS Partner resources page, which will have all the new resources for you. This program includes VIP incentives that give you improved profitability based on the development and execution of these capabilities. We have our Software Activation Incentive and Collaboration Adoption Incentiveprograms that will make this opportunity even better.
There are a broad set of services from activation, adoption, consumption and managed services that make up a robust Collaboration Software Lifecycle Management portfolio. To help you sort through what’s best for you and your customers – we are now announcing our Lifecycle workshops! (You’ll need credentials to sign in.) Be sure to sign up!
So take inventory of your customers’ software assets today and be on your way to more money, more services opportunities and happier customers!
Additional resources (login required):
- Partner launch page
- Online partner community
- Collaboration Software Lifecycle Management
- Software Activation Incentive
- Collaboration Adoption Incentive
- Partner Central