New NOW Vans Hit the Road
So when I saw that the Cisco NOW Vans had been revamped — though you won’t catch any of them drag racing through the streets — I was intrigued. (NOW stands for Network on Wheels and vans are filled to the brim with Cisco solutions and offer a way to easily show off Cisco technologies to customers without having to be at a Cisco office.) The newly refreshed vans may not sport chrome wheels or hydraulic action (yet!), but new EnergyWise and SMB solutions are bound to cause quite a stir.
This video details the rebuilding process, shows off the interior of these new vans, and offers some tips for partners on running a smooth and successful customer event.
Read on to find out details of what’s new inside the new NOW Vans…
Protect the SMB:
- Cisco NSS2100 (a NAS system used for FTP Server, CIFS/NFS/FTP file shares, and data backup in the small business)
- Cisco WVC2300 IP Camera with motion detection set to FTP to NSS and to the SWVMS16 running on the demo PC in the van for playback
- SA520 Security Appliance (also known as UTM) proving the small business protection against all intruders and maleware
UC for the SMB:
- UC500 running the latest 8.0 bundle and operated with Partner tool: CCA 2.2.1 and Customer Tool: Office Manager ESW 520 24 port Ethernet Switch with POE
- 3 phones — SPA500 series purpose-built for UC 500: SPA504 with 500S Sidecar, SPA509, SPA525
- GUI walk-through of SA 500 Trend Micro services available
- CCA and OM displays and discussion
- Video to NSS with CIFS retrieval from demo PC of actual video
- SWVMA16 demo of playback and conversion to snaps and videos
- Features and functions on UC (live record, park, page, intercom, voicemail, and AA)
Cisco NOW vans are currently available for booking in the 48 United States. To learn more and book a NOW Van to visit your area, head over to the MAP Tool or call (888) 284-9992.
Be sure to submit your video from your NOW Van events and we may feature it on this blog.