Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – September 5, 2014
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
This week we announced the largest portfolio expansion for Cisco UCS since the launch of the product five years ago. Partners will now be on a whole new level of delivering business outcomes for their customers.
John Growdon talked about how partners win big with the new technology solutions that transform how customers deliver IT. These solutions also cut across all market segments with positive and sustained impact to customer businesses and they innovate and grow business too. With the commitment of our partners, Cisco has grown to #1 in the US and #2 worldwide in x86 blade server market. Our hats are off to you!
Additionally, Cisco and Red Hat announced a significant expansion to its partnership, bringing our cloud and integrated infrastructures together with Red Hat’s market leadership and domain expertise of open source and OpenStack – essentially building on-ramps to the Intercloud. This blog from Denny Trevett (@dtrevett) details how Cisco Channel Partners will benefit with opportunities to grow their data center practices. Integrated solutions from Cisco and Red Hat enable partners to drive profitable growth and increase customer value with solutions that drive business outcomes. Cisco and Red Hat will offer enterprise and solution provider customers the most robust and open portfolio of integrated solutions for data center modernization, open hybrid cloud and big data.
The partnership and new solution with Red Hat truly embodies the power of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem. Our joint engineering investments are creating enterprise-grade solutions that enable business innovation.
Let us know what you think of the UCS announcements in the comments section!
Social Media Resources for Partners
We work to support our partners’ success through the Cisco Marketing Velocity Program. The program contains a variety of free tools, resources and events that our partners can use to augment your marketing efforts and accelerate sales.
One Marketing Velocity event you won’t want to miss is coming up next week on September 9 called “Amplify Your Voice: Reach More Customers with Content-Driven Social Media.” This webinar will offer advice on how to consistently and effectively reach and engage more customers by integrating compelling content into a powerful social media strategy.
- Padmasree Warrior (@Padmasree) explains Cisco’s new computing platforms for the Internet of Everything
- Rebecca Jacoby on how The Internet of Everything is making innovation more accessible and affordable in Fast IT: Sourcing Disruptive Innovation
- Stuart Taylor on How to Make Money from Smart Cities
- Kathy Trahan on Securing Mobile Data in the Event of Device Loss or Theft
Keep an Eye Out
- September 9 — Next Generation Security: New Products and Incentives
- September 16 — The next phase in our evolving Channel Partner Program is here. Register today for the Partner Power Hour sessions, beginning at 8 a.m. pacific time on September 16, to learn more about the new Advanced Enterprise Networks Architecture Specialization and Advanced Security Architecture Specialization and related technology specializations, and apply today.
- September 16 – Register now to attend the Enterprise Networks Partner Launch. Multiple sessions are available throughout the day. Help your customers support mobile-cloud technologies. Upgrade branch infrastructures with simplified management for wired, wireless, and WAN services. Deliver more, seamlessly. Includes updates on new specializations, product bundles and more.
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings