Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – September 4, 2015
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco Partner Ecosystem news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
Cisco and Apple Announce Partnership
This week, at our yearly Global Sales Experience Conference (GSX) in Las Vegas, Apple CEO, Tim Cook, surprised everyone by joining John Chambers on stage to announce an exciting new partnership between Apple and Cisco.
The two companies are coming together to optimize Cisco networks for iOS devices and apps, integrating iPhones with Cisco environments and providing unique collaboration capabilities on iPhones and iPads.
The big news expectedly created a lot of buzz, including this tweet from the Apple CEO:
— Tim Cook (@tim_cook) September 1, 2015
Stay tuned for more details on how this will benefit our partners. In the meantime, read what Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins had to say about combining the power of Cisco and Apple.
Karin Surber Asks if You’re Ready for a Fresh New Start
Karin always does a great job sharing sales tips and best practices for our partners. This week’s no different as she provides a clear path for partners to plan out their sales strategy for the year.
Karen lists 7 steps to optimize sales performance and achieve maximum Partner Plus incentives. Take a moment to check out her full blog post as it’s sure to provide you with a head start for succeeding in FY16.
- Apple released their official press release on their partnership with Cisco
- CRN covered the Apple and Cisco partnership from a Channel perspective with partners
- Alex Goryachev highlights tomorrow’s IoT women rockstars
- Mala Anand shares how to increase your network operations IQ
- Jim McHugh writes about Cisco, SAP and the Big-Data Revolution
Keep an Eye Out
- September 14 (Americas/Europe – 8 a.m. pacific time) – Join the next Power Hour to capitalize on services opportunities
- September 14 (APJ/GC – 6:30 p.m. pacific time) – Join the next Power Hour to capitalize on services opportunities
- Learn how to engage clients and better optimize data center opportunities through the Winning with VersaStack Webcast Series.
- Provide mobility excellence to small and midsize customers by attending the Cisco September sessions to learn more.
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings