Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – September 12, 2014
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
The key takeaway in this week’s Cisco Partner blog is the power shift in the tech buying centers to lines of business decision makers for greater business outcomes.
Raja Sundaram (@rajasundaram) details the changing IT consumption economics and how it’s impacting the business of technology. As such customers are looking for more from their partners. They’re looking for partners to help them to share the risk and reward, and even guarantee a specific business outcome. Cisco’s portfolio and partner programs are evolving to address the shift – all of which make for increased partner opportunity and profitability.
Additionally, Marlowe Fenne (@mfenne) highlights a new “intelligence” tool for partners called Solution Central that unlocks new sales opportunities by narrowing in on the business priorities of your customer. Each of these business priorities is linked to a specific Cisco Enterprise Networks solution, and it includes relevant solution capabilities, case studies, overviews, and links to key assets that will help you create new opportunities. Bookmark this page – you won’t regret it.
On-the-Go Training Resource Updated for Your iPad
If you don’t have it already, download the latest version of the Mobile Partner Education Connection (mPEC) now available for your iPad to access current partner content. Take important training videos and essential files with you anytime, anywhere and stay up-to-date with Cisco products, services, certifications, and specializations.
The updated mPEC boasts many perks, including:
- Top-trending partner content
- The Theatre Training Library (TTL)
- Mobile-friendly MP4s, PPTs, and PDFs
- An intuitive user interface that works with 22 different languages
- Saved searches so that you can revisit past content
Visit the PEC information page to learn more and experience the convenience and connectedness of this Cisco app.
- Peter Granger (@PGrangercisco) highlights partner Akili and its Best Practices for Oil and Gas at the recent SAP conference
- Marcus Gallo (@MarcusGallo) takes readers through a Journey to the Cloud: A Smooth Transition when creating a collaborative work environment
- Vivian Chan asks if we’re all Ready for #SuperMobility
- Puneet Kumar on how Scaling Application Security with Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD)
Keep an Eye Out
- September 16 – Register also to attend the Enterprise Networks Partner Launch. Help your customers support mobile-cloud technologies. Upgrade branch infrastructures with simplified management for wired, wireless, and WAN services. Deliver more, seamlessly.
- September 16 — Register today for the Partner Power Hour sessions to learn more about the next phase in our evolving Channel Partner Program is here, specifically the Advanced Enterprise Networks Architecture Specialization and Advanced Security Architecture Specialization and related technology specializations.
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings