Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – October 2, 2015
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco Partner Ecosystem news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
Lead Cloud Disruption and Adoption. We’re with You
We have another partner blogger debut this week as Christian Treille joined us to discuss the recently launched Cisco Business Cloud Advisor – a framework to help customers take actionable cloud adoption plans.
Now we’ve made it available for partners.
Given the advantage this tool can provide our partners, I’m not surprised the Director of Cloud and Managed Services, Partner Enablement, decided to make this his first topic as a partner blogger. Be sure to read his post to see how cisco partners and their customers can benefit.
CRN – 100 People You Don’t Know But Should
I always love CRN’s annual tribute to the “behind-the-scenes channel players worthy of attention.” For the 2015 edition, Cisco had three of their very own featured! Join me in congratulating Bridget Bisnette, Sr. Director, Partner Marketing; Scott Herron, Sr. Director, Global Customer Success; and Peder Ulander, VP, Cloud and Managed Services Partner organization.
CRN sums up the recognition as follows: “The technology industry is filled with rock stars, high-profile executives who stand in the spotlight at partner conferences and technology events to present the world with the industry’s latest achievements. But delivering these breakthroughs to the world is hardly a one-man show and behind these executives stand the unsung heroes, the shining stars on vendors’ channel management teams.”
Again, we welcome you to take a moment to congratulate Bridget, Scott and Peder for being recognized for all of their hard work.
Wendy Bahr Sits Down with Channel World India
Cisco’s SVP of the Global Partner Organization, Wendy Bahr, took a moment on her recent trip to India to chat with Yogesh Gupta of Channel World India.
As you can imagine, she’s been quite busy during the first 2.5 months in her new role. This interview is a great way to get you up to speed on what she’s been focused on, her channel and partner priorities, and lots more. I highly encourage you to check it out.
As always, let us know what you think of the blog. Feedback from partners, especially around partner programs, is vital for Cisco to keep producing programs that work for all of us.
- CRN on Cisco adding the security company Portcullis to its portfolio
- SearchITChannel talks IoT opportunities: Partners should prep IoT roadmap to reap profits later
- Various Cisco Execs give their perspective on security [Video]
- Cisco TME, Tobias Brodtkorb, helps add Cisco video to Ridley’s Scott new movie “The Martian”
- Bill Rubino on what the Cisco mobility express solution & Cisco connected mobile experiences bring
Keep an Eye Out: Partner Promotions, Updates, Events and More…
- This September IDC Report examines Cisco web security
- Register for Partner Plus Live, OCT 6 & 7, to get a look at the year ahead
- Evolve your revenue growth engine with customer success on Oct 6
- Join us for the next “Voice of the Engineer” webinar; updates on AnyConnect 4.2 Launch & ISE ATP
- How much could you be making on services? Find out right here [Infographic]
- We’ll be covering live The Channel Company’s upcoming Best of Breed conference Oct 12-14 John Chambers will be interviewed the morning of Oct 13. Stay tuned for more
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings