Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – October 10, 2014
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
The new WebEx was unveiled this week and Richard McLeod talked to us about giving your customers one conferencing experience. Richard covered what’s new in WebEx and provided some insight and a link to Rowan Trollope’s blog as well.
There are some fantastic new features in WebEx, and that ultimately means there are some really cool things your customers can now access. Be sure to check out the blogs on the latest WebEx and let us know what you think about these changes.
In addition, we saw a great deal of coverage on the new WebEx this week, including:
- Channel Partners: Cisco Upgrades WebEx, Takes Steps To Make Conferencing Easier For All
- Channelnomics: The simple life is here, Cisco claims with new WebEx
- CRN: Partners: New WebEx Shows Cisco’s Commitment To Revitalizing Collab Business
- eWEEK: Cisco Unveils Enhanced WebEx Collaboration Solution
- FierceEnterpriseCommunications: Cisco’s Rowan Trollope says videoconferencing is a pain
- Let’s Do Video: Cisco’s Long Awaited Cloud Interop Strategy is Really Here (and It’s Really WebEx)
- TalkingPointz: WebEx Becomes Persistent
Mega Mentor: The power to get the most from others
Sherri Liebo wrapped up her Marketing Velocity series on the various marketing superheroes that are vital to your marketing success. This final feature was all about Mega Mentor. If you are interested in seeing more series such as this one, please let Sherri know via the comments section!
In case you missed our coverage from a few weeks back, Sherri Liebo was also picked as a Top 50 Midmarket IT Vendor Executive for 2014. As a result, there is more in-depth coverage from The Channel Company Associate Editor Alicia Stein in this recent article on Sherri.
Internet of Everything
Raja Sundaram wanted to relay that he’s hearing about the Internet of Everything (IoE) where ever he goes, even when he’s taking his car in for service! In his blog IoE: So Much Data, So Many Great Partner Opportunities, Raja talks about the services connection with IoE and how they can provide superior benefits for partners.
With IoE representing a $19 trillion global opportunity, Raja has some interesting insight for those of you looking to expand your services practice. Be sure to read his post to find out what he shared.
VCE Drives Even More Convergence
VCE announced new systems and solutions that are designed to simplify and accelerate the move to the cloud. Berna Devrim put together a nice breakdown of the announcement in this blog. Take a look at how Cisco fits into these new offerings from VCE.
- Mike Flannagan aligns solutions to meet customer data challenges
- Donald Graham supports new workers with mobile video collaboration
- John Stewart looks at security and IoE
- Doug Webster asks if virtualization really matters
Keep an Eye Out
- October 15 – WebEx Try & Buy 90 Promotion – Partner Review & Next Steps
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings