Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – May 3, 2013
Every Friday, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories of the week, as well as point you to important Cisco-related content you may have missed along the way. Let’s have it.
Off The Top
Cisco CEO John Chambers discussed Cisco’s participation in the White House IT Training and Certification Program, a federal initiative intended to help U.S. military veterans find jobs in IT. A number of media outlets from all over the country highlighted Cisco’s efforts alongside those of other well-known IT companies; check out stories in The Washington Post, The Examiner, Network World, Nextgov and American Forces Press Service, as well as a particularly partner-centric look from CRN.
Partners and the IoE Economy
The Internet of Everything (IoE) is top of mind here at Cisco, and the conversations we’re having with both partners and customers about the potential of smarter network connections and the productivity gains they create is only beginning.
In case you missed it, we asked Carlos Dominguez, Cisco SVP, esteemed tech evangelist and industry speaker, to drill down a bit on the promise IoE holds for partners and how the opportunity IoE provides will fundamentally change partner business models in the future.
Cisco Partner Summit 2013 is just weeks away. While we countdown to the kickoff in Boston, come on by our official Facebook page and take our Partner Summit polls. And as Twitter discussion around Partner Summit gets underway, remember to use hashtag #ciscops13 – that’ll help us keep you at the front of the conversation.
Highlights from around Cisco this week:
- Dave Evans looks at weird tech that may not be so weird or unexpected after all
- John Combs highlights ClearCaptions and software intended to assist the hard of hearing
- Jim Schrader kicks off a new blog series on network optimization techniques
- Joe Pinto updates on how Cisco globally is becoming easier to do business with
- Pradeep Parmar offers simple demonstration of just how compelling Cisco Unified Access can be
- Lauren Friedman tees up what’s in store from Cisco at the upcoming Interop conference
- Marie Hattar shares insights on the nature of innovation
- Julie McPherson spotlights a sweet relationship between Cisco, Hershey and TelePresence in Ghana
Keep An Eye Out
- Make sure you check out the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings
- Continue to watch this space for exciting Partner Summit announcements!