Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – May 23, 2014
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
I just got back from Cisco Live US in San Francisco, and while my flight back was a little bumpy, the event this week was smooth sailing. As usual, we provided recaps giving our partners some insight into the areas of Cisco Live where you might want to focus. Be sure to review my recap of the first two days and my recap of the remainder of the week in San Francisco.
My colleague, Anna Sui, and I also wanted to capture the real “flavor” of being in San Francisco this week, so here are some reasons you might want to attend a Cisco Live event, and some of these reasons may not always be what you think…
For those of you that joined us in San Francisco, I hope you had a great time and learned a lot. Please let me know if you need any other information and I’ll follow up with you.
Introducing the New Solution Partner Program
At the beginning of the week, Arjun Lahiri dropped by to fill us all in on how the new Solution Partner Program works for partners. This program was introduced at Cisco Partner Summit 2014, and it’s an evolution of the Cisco Developer Network. Be sure to read Arjun’s blog and give us your thoughts on the new program.
Collaboration for Every Desk and Every Partner
Another big announcement at Cisco Live this week was from our Collaboration Group. The introduction of the DX70 and DX80 made quite a splash in San Francisco. Check out what Richard McLeod had to say about how this announcement helps partners reach new customers, upgrade existing customers and grow long-term revenues.
Cloud Evolution: A Journey Together
Edison Peres gave us his thoughts on the continued momentum of Cisco Intercloud, including the additions of new partners, which were announced at Cisco Live. Be sure to read Edison’s take on just how this week’s announcements in Intercloud affect Cisco partners.
Ken Trombetta also provided color around the security announcements this week. Be sure to read his update on ThreatGRID and AMP Everywhere. He takes an in depth look at how partners can put those to use immediately.
- CP Morey threads the needle on privacy and malware protection
- Kim Austin recaps collaboration at Cisco Live
- Alexis Raymond gets hands on at Cisco Live with Networking Academy students
- Martin Roesch executes on the vision of comprehensive advanced malware protection
- Chris Young looks at intelligent cybersecurity at Cisco Live
Keep An Eye Out
- June 4 – Internet of Everything (IoE) campaign training
- June 10 – Digital Strategy Transformation: Generate more Revenue Through Valuable Digital and Mobile Marketing Insights
- June 24 – Experiential Marketing Innovation: Creating Must-Attend Events
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings