Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – August 28, 2015
You might notice the Weekly Rewind this week is coming from a new author. Well that’s because I’m taking over publishing the Cisco Partner Blog. David Durham, who you’ve heard from for two years now, is moving to a different role here at Cisco, but you’ll still see him around here on the Partner Blog from time to time. Consider me your new guide to the Cisco Partner Blog. I’ll be continuing the Partner Weekly Rewind and the popular Partner Voices feature series. We may even try out some new things along the way!
I’m looking forward to working with you, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via the comments section.
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco Partner Ecosystem news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
Cisco Completes Acquisition of OpenDNS
The Cisco acquisition of OpenDNS officially closed Thursday morning and Ken Trombetta stopped by the Partner Blog to tell us what this means to partners and how they can benefit.
The acquisition aligned to Cisco’s goal of developing innovative security offerings and accelerating sales for partners. Be sure to read Ken’s blog to find out all the details of this recent news.
VersaStack expands to more applications and workloads
The IBM and Cisco integrated infrastructure solution, VersaStack, has some recent upgrades that will be of high interest to partners. Check out IBM’s recent blog post to see why VersaStack in gaining traction amongst partners as it continues to improve.
As always, let us know what you think of the blog. Feedback from partners, especially around partner programs, is vital for Cisco to keep producing programs that work for all of us.
- Fortune says Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins is flipping all the right switches
- CRN’s Mark Haranas covers the launch of our Tool
- Joseph M. Bradley explains why the oil and gas industry is primed for digital transformation
- Jonathan Rosenberg talks about the four dimensions of open
- Nick Earle asks if you’re ready for the second wave of cloud adoption
Keep an Eye Out
- September 14 (Americas/Europe – 8 a.m. pacific time) – Join the next Power Hour to capitalize on services opportunities
- September 14 (APJ/GC – 6:30 p.m. pacific time) – Join the next Power Hour to capitalize on services opportunities
- Learn how to engage clients and better optimize data center opportunities through the Winning with VersaStack Webcast Series.
- Provide mobility excellence to small and midsize customers by attending the Cisco September sessions to learn more.
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings