Capitalize on the Windows Server 2003 Migration Opportunity
Today’s IT leaders want more from their data centers – and their technology partners. Customers want their technology partners to work together to deliver integrated solutions that enable business innovation. They can’t be limited by aging infrastructure and legacy platforms. With the end of support for Windows Server 2003 rapidly approaching, Cisco channel partners have an opportunity to help their customers migrate to a modern data center solution based on Cisco UCS and Windows Server 2012 R2.
Microsoft will end support for Windows Server 2003 on July 14, 2015. After this date, security updates will no longer be available and customers will be exposed to significant compliance and security risks. With millions of Windows 2003 servers still in production, channel partners have an opportunity to grow their UCS and Microsoft revenue with value added services including:
- Design and manage the migration of customer environments from Window Server 2003 to Widows Server 2012 and Cisco UCS
- Design and manage server consolidation projects
- Plan, build, and manage the transition to Microsoft Private Cloud on UCS integrated infrastructures
Cisco channel partners can now take advantage of marketing campaign resources to drive awareness and demand for the Windows Server 2003 on UCS solution and their value added services including:
- Customer ready collateral such as the solution brochure and Cisco Capital offer at-a-glance
- Partner ready demand generation emails, telemarketing script and seminar-in-a-box
- Partner playbook, customer presentation and sales accelerator card
It’s important to note that the Windows Server 2003 migration sales motion is an important part the expanded partnership that Cisco and Microsoft announced last July at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference. Through this global go-to-market and sales initiative, Cisco and Microsoft will continue to deliver partner programs and integrated solutions that create opportunities for our partners to drive revenue and deliver even more customer value. For more partner information on Microsoft applications in UCS, please visit cisco.com/go/Microsoft.