Introducing the Expanded ASR 9000 System for Mobile Networks
Just two months ago, we introduced the ASR 9000 System, a 96 Tbps system featuring our new Network Virtualization Technology that allows Service Providers to simplify operations while improving service delivery. The system, with its multi-dimensional scalability, increased service velocity and carrier-class reliability, has been a huge success with service providers.
The first two platforms will allow service providers to deploy all types of services (voice, video, or data) to all types of customers (consumer, mobile or business) on a single, converged Carrier Ethernet-based IP network, and both are optimized for low power consumption and extended temperatures:
- The Cisco ASR 901 is a compact, cell-site Ethernet access router specifically designed to clock, aggregate, and backhaul any-G RAN traffic, and can prioritize and process voice, data, and signaling traffic as part of the Cisco Unified RAN solution for reliable transport across any available mobile network.
- The Cisco ASR 903 is a fully-featured Carrier Ethernet aggregation platform designed for the cost-effective delivery of converged services. With full redundancy and high service scale, this compact (3RU) router is optimized for small aggregation and remote POP applications and provides a rich and scalable set of Layer 2 and 3 VPN services.
- And the third platform, the Cisco ASR 9001, is a smaller version of our industry-leading Cisco ASR 9000 edge router, specifically designed for low-capacity deployments.
These new platforms complement the rest of the Cisco ASR 9000 family to deliver a single, simplified system for high-speed business, residential and mobile connectivity. And as with the rest of the ASR 9000 System, they all support Cisco’s nV Technology for simplified network architectures.
Watch this introduction video to the Cisco ASR 9000 System for Mobile Networks:
The ASR 9000 System offers service providers several benefits:
- superior network capacity (up to 36X greater than competing platforms),
- lower operating costs (up to 74 percent less than competitive solutions),
- simplified IPv6 migrations, and
- easier and less costly service management.
For service providers striving to meet increasing demand for high-quality mobile Internet experiences, the expanded Cisco ASR 9000 System offers a simple, powerful and highly cost-effective solution.