Cisco Continues to Lead in Data Center: Record of Innovation drives Revolutionary Scale
Cisco’s success in delivering the most innovative switching platforms is because we work closely with our customers to globally deliver network centric platforms that make our customers more competitive and enable them to meet their top goals. What makes a difference to our customers is
- The breadth of our product line and technology innovation
- The vast scale of our installed base and reach of our delivery model
- The deep talent and experience that we can apply to network-centric models
Cisco’s innovations advance key technologies in software and hardware. The impact is highest when these come together to deliver system-level solutions that are magnified by the tight interlock between software and hardware innovations. This includes Silicon technology, software, services, and integrated systems. When I talk to customers on a weekly basis, they tell me that they value our architectural approach that extends the network platform to enable collaboration, data center/cloud transformation and video architectures in ways that expand technology and business relevance on a global scale.
Recent announcements prove that Cisco continues to deliver market-leading innovations designed to meet the needs of the evolving Data Center.
Customers have voted
In just over three years, we have had over 19,000 customers, which is vastly ahead of anybody else in the industry…by a lot. Here are some examples of how customers are benefiting with our flexible and scalable framework:
- At Baidu, China’s leading internet search engine, the Cisco Nexus 7000 series and the next generation F2-series line-rate 10GE I/O modules and Fabric2 modules are playing a key role ensure that Baidu can continue to scale and serve its rapidly growing customer base.
- At Caltech, a leading higher education institution where the Nexus 7010 is already deployed, they aim to enhance the performance of their network with the smaller form factor Nexus 7009 and its support of higher density 10G modules. Caltech needs a network infrastructure that is reliable, scalable and high performing. They chose Cisco.
- Sitel, a global telemarketing business with over 130 call centers in over 25 countries, has deployed FabricPath in order to build a flat, scalable, low latency network fabric without spanning tree. They found that FabricPath improves the availability and increases the bandwidth of their network, but most importantly, it provides the flexibility required to accommodate their growing operations without complex network re-design.
A Volcano of Innovations
Take a look at all the innovations we have delivered over the last few years in the Data Center alone – NX-OS, FabricPath, the fabric extender, OTV with LISP, thinking beyond scaling outside of a pod, inside a data center, between data centers, all the way from a physical to a virtual machine environment. With the rollout of our most recent set of innovations today, Cisco is clearly delivering the most scalable L2/L3 fabric in the Industry today with proven technology, while other vendors are either struggling to go beyond box feeds-and-speeds, or have an unproven fabric approach with minimal customer traction.
All of these new innovations truly do add up to one inescapable conclusion – Cisco is the only vendor that delivers architectural flexibility and revolutionary scale to enable you to be ready for physical, virtual and cloud deployment. We are at least two years ahead of the competition with our solutions, technologies and products, but most importantly in how we bring it all together to deliver real business value now. Cisco ensures investment protection and architectural flexibility.