Convergence Live: Cisco at Automation Fair, 16th-17th November 2011
Automation Fair is just around the corner – two weeks from now. Convergence will be alive at AF this year. My colleagues Peter Granger and Andrew Lach have blogged about Cisco’s overall presence and our social media channel, respectively.
In my video, I highlight the Innovation and Collaboration that the convergence of plant and enterprise networks enables, which we will be showcasing in our Cisco booth on the AF show floor, including:
- Mobile Plant demonstration of our joint standard network technologies meet resiliency and performance requirements of the most challenging plant floor applications
- Secure Remote access into Plant applications based upon our Converged Plantwide Ethernet reference architecture
- Mobile Collaboration depicting our Cius tablet interfacing with Plant applications and processes and integrating with a host of other collaboration devices (e.g. rugged mobile phones, IP video phones, video collaboration end-points, rugged mobile video cameras, etc.)
- Secure network access and Plant-tailored security policy for industrial applications and devices via Identity Services Engine
- Real time Plant communications via Digital Media Suite (DMS) for Plant floor communications
These collaborative and innovative solutions are all based upon a converged network being demonstrated in a neighboring Plantwide Network Architecture booth. In this booth, a ecosystem of partners (Rockwell Automation, Cisco, Panduit and Fluke Networks) collaborate to provide recommendations, design guidance, best practices and solutions to help customers successfully design and deploy robust, secure and future-ready plant-wide network infrastructures.
So join us at AF and see the power of plant and enterprise convergence. It’s free.