The Intersection of Governance and Technology: Cisco Public Services Summit (Dec. 9 -11)
Cisco is presenting the 2011 Public Sector Summit (PSS), December 9 – 11 in Oslo, Norway. This event, now in its tenth year, is a premier gathering for global policy advisors to discuss ways to transform public sector productivity and implement technology to create resilient societies that can meet the challenges of governing in the 21st century.
In our current state of fast-shifting technology, political transformations, connected citizens, and economic uncertainty, the Summit has never been timelier. This year’s event theme is focused on empowerment and features an influential line-up of speakers including:
- Mohammed ElBaradei, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and leading Egyptian reform politician who will talk about Egypt’s march towards democracy. He will share his views of what happened during the Arab Spring in Egypt and talk about what he thinks might happen next.
- The former President of Mexico Ernesto Zedillo, who will discuss the changing balance of power in the world and the question of whether this change will lead to confrontation or harmony.
For the first time in the Summit’s history, we will offer video streaming of select speaking sessions, giving you an opportunity to experience a portion of the summit from your desktop. This new offering includes interactive social tools such as Twitter (follow us at @CiscoGovt and use hastags #CiscoPSS and #21CGov) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/21cgov) to allow you to engage with other virtual participants. Join us starting December 9 and experience the next best thing to being in Oslo. The streamed videos will be available via the PSS website during the Summit, and archived for on demand playback after the event.
Here is how you can watch, listen and engage:
- Click here to register to view “remote streaming” video of 10 live plenary sessions.
- Archived videos can be accessed from Cisco’s PSS 2011 USTREAM page. Visit the page and click on “Join Crowd” to be notified of new content.
- Add your own voice and engage with others on the 21st Century Government Facebook page, “Like” the page and contribute your comments and ideas.
We’re happy to be presenting stimulating talk on government and technology and connecting people around the world. To learn more, visit the event page – http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le21/le34/nobel/2011/index.html