Cisco announces the first FedRAMP In Process cloud-based SD-WAN solution to help U.S. government agencies and their critical infrastructure accelerate their IT modernization and cloud adoption journey.
Why Software-Defined WAN?
The Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) market is growing rapidly, thanks to the increasing rate of adoption of cloud services. As government agencies migrate their applications to the cloud, they are faced with the need to transform their WAN to make it more application intelligent. A cloud-ready WAN demands new approaches to connect users, branches and cloud instances securely to agency applications, providing optimal end user experience. SD-WAN securely connects any user to any application and increases user productivity by optimizing cloud and on-premise application performance, whether it be delivered from the customers’ existing data centers, SaaS or IaaS.
Why Cisco SD-WAN for Government?
Cisco SD-WAN powers 70 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Achieving FedRAMP authorization will allow U.S. government organizations to deploy a cloud-based market-proven solution. Cisco SD-WAN, which earned a CRN 2019 Product of the Year award, bridges intelligent application aware networking and security together, like no other solution in the market. It delivers a secure, flexible and rich services architecture with the following key benefits:
- Better user experience – Application aware routing leverages intelligent forwarding based on latency, loss and jitter, providing a consistent user experience over any type of connectivity.
- Greater agility – A single WAN fabric simplifies the deployment and operation of your WAN while securely connecting your users to applications in minutes and protecting your data from the WAN edge to the cloud.
- Enterprise grade scalability – A secure, cloud-scale SD-WAN architecture with proven large deployments of up to 10000+ sites.
- Integrated security – Full security stack that includes firewall, IPS, URL-filtering, advanced malware protection and cloud security for secure Direct Internet Access in alignment with Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) 3.0 guidelines.
Built based on a zero-trust model, Cisco SD-WAN seamlessly connects devices and people to any cloud, providing a superior application experience while delivering consistent unified threat protection from branch to cloud. With an upcoming FedRAMP authorization, Cisco SD-WAN is aligned to help U.S. government agencies and their critical infrastructure on their IT modernization journey, align with the Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) 3.0 guidance and adopt cloud services with confidence.
At Cisco, we understand that it’s the mission that matters to our government customers. So we recognize the need for agility in mission movement, removing complexity and deploying proven and compliant solutions with the highest level of security. That’s why we’re continuing the investments needed to make more of our world-class products available to U.S. government agencies, global public sector organizations, regulated industries and the critical-infrastructure sector.
In addition to the listing of Cisco SD-WAN as In Process on the FedRAMP Marketplace, we also welcome Cisco Duo, for unified access security, to our growing portfolio of FedRAMP offerings. Plus, Cisco’s Cloudlock is already helping agencies secure cloud identities, data and applications by empowering actionable cybersecurity intelligence and reliable visibility and control in mission-critical cloud environments.
Cisco is committed to delivering FedRAMP solutions that help government organizations achieve their missions with simple, strategic and secure digital capabilities. Our FedRAMP Authorized solutions for communications (Cisco Webex Meetings) and collaboration (Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution for Government and Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution for Defense) are already helping do so. The upcoming addition of SD-WAN to Cisco’s FedRAMP Authorized portfolio, will continue this commitment, empowering federal agencies to deliver a cloud-ready network, increase efficiency and enhance their mission-readiness.
- Learn More About Cisco SD-WAN
- Cisco FedRAMP Authorized Solutions for Government
- Why 20,000 Customers Trust Cisco for SD-WAN Solutions
- Cisco Software-Defined WAN for Secure Networks