Look Inside the Cisco Live 2011 NOC to See Amazing Network Management Results
While I was at Cisco Live 2011, I took a few minutes to interview Jason Davis a Cisco Distinguished Services Engineer who was on the team managing the Cisco Live Network Operations Center (NOC).
Jason and his team were engaged in all aspects of the Cisco Live NOC design, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting. I asked Jason to provide some highlights about the amazing results from the NOC and talk about the Cisco Prime network management solutions used in the NOC.
Jason and his teammate Joe Clarke a Cisco Distinguished Services Engineer, also presented a NOC summary session on the last day of Cisco Live. The session presentation is posted on the Cisco Live virtual portal http://www.ciscolivevirtual.com/.
Watch this short video to hear Jason’s summary about the Cisco Live NOC. Then continue reading for a list of NOC statistics and more information about Cisco Prime network management solutions in the NOC.
Cisco Live NOC amazing statistics and highlights:
- 16,000 attendees provided with wired and wireless network access
- NOC assembled in 3 days with a crew of 20
- 13.2 terabytes of data moved across the Cisco Live network in 4 days
- 10 Gigabit network backbone
- 165 Cisco Catalyst Switches enabled with PoE and Cisco Medianet
- Fully Internet routed IPv4 and IPv6 address spaces
- Over 28,000 unique IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP leases distributed
- 190 Cisco Aironet 3500 Series CleanAir access points deployed with an average of 290 clients per access point
- Top website accessed by attendees with over 248,000 hits – Facebook
- 60% of the traffic was web-based
- Video surveillance provided by 50 Cisco IP cameras and 70 Cisco digital media players
- 120 Cisco IP phones deployed
Cisco Prime innovative network management played a major role in all Cisco Live NOC activities. Cisco Prime highlights:
- Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS) 4.1 and CiscoWorks LMS 4.0 provided wired lifecycle management including rogue switch mitigation, port provisioning, and availability monitoring and alerting.
- Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) supported real time application and performance monitoring allowing the NOC team to proactively assess LAN and WAN issues before they became problems.
- Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) delivered wireless lifecycle management for the Cisco Aironet CleanAir access points and WLAN controllers with Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE) providing context-based services and location tracking.
- Cisco Network Registrar provided 400,000 IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP requests and over 7 million DNS queries.
Advice from Jason about staging the NOC in Las Vegas, during the summer rain and 100+ temperatures.
- “Don’t stage in a rain-storm. If you do, leave the equipment outside in Las Vegas because it will dry in 2 minutes….but do not leave equipment outside in Las Vegas more than 10 minutes or it will start to melt.”
Do you have a question for Jason or Joe about the Cisco Live NOC and network management? If so, please submit it below and I’ll query them for an answer.
To watch more Cisco Prime and Cisco network management videos please visit the new Cisco Network Management YouTube channel at www.youtubecisco.com/nms.
To learn more about Cisco Prime network management please visit www.cisco.com/go/prime.