I’m thrilled to announce Cisco AppNav for Cisco WAAS won the Best of Interop: Performance Optimization award. Cisco AppNav is a virtualization technology that enables customers to deliver high performance applications at scale from the cloud or enterprise data center. IT can use AppNav to address performance challenges created by bring-your-own-device (BYOD), Cloud, and Virtual Desktops. In the next several weeks, we’ll be announcing more details of this and a host of other Cloud Connectors. you can register for the big reveal here
This win is exciting as validation of our continuing commitment to innovation in WAN optimization. This caps off what has been an exciting year for Cisco WAAS and hints at some of the innovative technologies we’re launching in June.Some of the announcements and exciting events we’ve had so far this year:
- In July we launched Context Aware DRE: A solution designed to address the differing needs of existing as well as emerging applications such as virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), cloud, and high-quality live video. WAAS is able to address the different needs of different apps by changing the DRE caching behavior on a per-application basis to achieve improved application response times and throughput while preserving peer resiliency and fault isolation.
- In August we won Nemertes Research Pilothouse Award: This award is based on a survey Nemertes research does of over 2000 IT decision makers on Technology, Customer Service, and Value and they found Cisco WAAS as the overall champion. This award was quite gratifying as it comes from our customers.
- In September we launched a new suite of WAAS appliances: These dramatically scale the delivery of an optimal user experience to more users, applications, and devices across the entire organization. With 1500 TCP connections and 2Gbps throughput they impressed reviewers at the high end and low end. Did you catch the new WAVE?
- In October we announced that Cisco WAAS is Citrix Ready: Cisco WAAS provides a high quality user experience for virtual desktops by accelerating performance for applications and video delivered using Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp by up to 70%. Cisco WAAS also increases the number of Citrix users supported concurrently over the WAN by up to two times, through powerful optimization techniques that minimize bandwidth consumption by up to 60%.
- In April we kicked off our three part webinar series All Systems Optimized with Dr. Jim Metzler. This series is based on a survey Jim did of over 200 IT professionals on what challenges they’re facing today as they encounter the trends of BYOD, cloud, and virtualization, and how they see their organizations evolving with the uptake in virtual desktops, SaaS, IaaS, and BYOD to meet the expanding user needs as branch offices proliferate, and mobile workers are out in force. The first webinar is on demand and the second is happening May 15.
This win is part of an announcement we’ll be making in the next few weeks along with [REDACTED]. If you just can’t wait for the WAAS goodness, may I suggest:
- If you’re at Interop, or CitrixSynergy this week go check out some of our demos and speaking sessions (booths 1127 and 202, respectively)
- Sign up for our webinar, All Systems Optimized on May 15 with Dr. Jim Metzler.
And check out this little sneak-peak (more details explained here) for CiscoLive – if you’ve been in IT, you may have fielded some of these *fun* questions in the video yourself.
If you have questions, please leave a comment below or say HI! on twitter: @CiscoEnterprise
If you’re an analyst or reporter, we’ve got you covered:
- Cisco Press: Ben Stricker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cisco Industry Analyst: Nancy Stebbins email@example.com