Enterprise Networks Taking Center Stage at Cisco Live Milan
It is clear being an IT professional today is not easy, there are ever increasing demands on the network and on IT resources. Just look at some of the data out there:
- According to a report posted on Information Age 70% of businesses say that IT operations are holding them back.
- Research from the Cisco Visual Networking Index, Forecast Methodology 2013-2018 shows that there will be an 18% year over year increase in business IP traffic.
- Our latest Cisco Mobility Landscape Study shows that 89% of organizations have company-wide or specific mobility initiative.
Even in conversations with customers here at Cisco Live Milan it is evident that IT is tasked to more with less, “I am told I need to be more agile.” Or, “Everyone is getting new Mobile Devices that are going to increase traffic.” Or “I needs to be more strategic to the business.”
It is clear that IT needs to rethink how they enable applications, secure the network and manage the infrastructure. But there is hope! Cisco is hard at work developing new solutions and products to help in meeting top of mind concerns. In recent January announcements, many being highlighted at Cisco Live Milan, Cisco has shown how new technology can help IT be more agile, support new demands and drive business impact. There have been a number of blogs talking about these announcements and below is where you can find out more about these exciting Cisco innovations.
Increasing IT Agility
- Cisco ONE Delivers a More Valuable and Flexible way to Consume Cisco Software.
- Cisco Meraki is delivering a global, enterprise-class, comprehensive Cloud-Managed IT solution
Supporting New Demands
- Cisco Catalyst Switches for the Access, Backbone and More are enabling next generation Employee Experiences
Driving Business Impact
- Cisco Connected Experiences is delivering the ability to pinpoint user devices and deliver timely IT and business insight