Cisco SD-WAN and AWS Make Cloud Migration Simple
Posted on behalf of contributing author: Paul Kohler
Paul Kohler leads Cisco SD-WAN Technology Alliance Partnerships within product management and held the same role at Viptela. He has two decades experience in the networking and cloud industry at Cisco, Viptela, VMware, Keynote Systems and Netcom while in strategic partnership, product management and technical roles.
Chances are if you’re currently using a public cloud service or IaaS (infrastructure as a service), you make your WAN decisions based on your cloud usage. A recent IDC survey found that nearly 75% of 1,200 respondents believe cloud services are important to current WAN technology choices*. So, if you’re in the middle of making a public cloud or WAN decision you’ll be pleased to know Cisco SD-WAN and Amazon Web Services (AWS) together make cloud migration and configuration simple.
Cisco SD-WAN has been the catalyst to enterprise customers migrating to the cloud and increasing adoption of AWS workloads and cloud services. By making it easy to extend your network to AWS, Cisco SD-WAN helps save you time and reduce your costs. A centralized user interface with intuitive workflows ensures that your wide area network is not slowing down your business.
Cisco SD-WAN with AWS uses include:
- Cisco SD-WAN virtual appliances on AWS Marketplace e.g. CSR (Cloud Services Router) and vEdge Cloud
- SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp for IaaS (virtual appliances automatically provisioned in the cloud and AWS VPC resources mapped to existing network network VPN segments)
- Hosting SD-WAN controller components e.g. vManage, vSmart,etc.
- Enterprise branch connectivity to AWS (an indirect but critical benefit) which results in improved performance & reliability to AWS cloud plus quicker enterprise network migrations
Watch this short video to see how Cisco SD-WAN makes cloud migration simple:
Next Wednesday, November 14 at 10AM PST, I’ll be co-hosting a live webinar along with Nick Matthews, Principal Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services. Please join us for the “Migrate Workloads to AWS with Flexible, Agile Networks Using Cisco SD-WAN” webinar, where we’ll also be announcing Cisco SD-WAN support for CSR 1000V with the AWS certification and marketplace listing imminent. Register for the webinar:
Also check out the latest Cisco SD-WAN updates at these upcoming events:
- November 26-30, 2018 – AWS Re:Invent (Cisco booth and customer presentation of Cisco SD-WAN & AWS deployment by Koch Industries)
- December 5-6, 2018 – Cisco FutureWAN webinar for APJC (Asia-Pacific, Japan & China)
- April 10-11, 2019 – AWS Summit, Singapore (Cisco sponsor & booth)
- April 30-May 2, 2019 – AWS Summit, Sydney (Cisco sponsor & booth)
Make sure to visit Cisco Booth #407 at the Venetian during AWS Re:Invent, November 26-30 at the Venetian Expo Hall in Las Vegas. We’d be happy to give you a demo and discuss your deployment needs.
Comment below or follow me on LinkedIn or Twitter @pkohler10 to continue the conversation!
*2018 Worldwide SD-WAN Survey, IDC, October 2018