Yes, Cisco UCS servers are that good.
Cisco publishes a large number of customer references in the forms of Case Studies, Solution Briefs, etc. It can be a very time consuming task to read through all of them to find out just how much Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS®) is helping our current customers, and how it might also help you. I decided to take on the task of trying to quantify the savings our customers told us they achieved with UCS versus their old legacy environment. The list below summarizes the average of these tangible results. These results are limited to where the customers specifically stated a savings or where the savings is easily derived from the numbers stated.
- 59% reduction of ongoing administrative/management costs based on 17 customers.
- 52% reduction in power & cooling based on 26 customers.
- 80% reduction in cabling with an average cost savings of 75% based on 16 & 5 customers respectively.
- 41% reduction in other operations costs based on 12 customers.
- 80% reduction in provisioning times based on 49 customers.
When Cisco announced its new data center architecture in 2009, among the stated goals were: reducing the total cost of ownership, improving business agility and energy efficiency, and less cabling. Now on our third generation of servers, it is clear Cisco exceeded its own expectations.
Would you like to learn more about how Cisco UCS can help you? There are more than 250 published data center case studies on Cisco.com. Additionally, there is a TCO/ROI tool that will allow you to compare your existing environment to a new UCS Solution. For a more in-depth TCO/ROI analysis, contact your Cisco partner.