The Network is Changing – Is Your Network Cloud-Ready?
Today’s IT organizations face a broad set of challenges today.
- How to deal with the proliferation of end-user devices? (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
- How to deal with the proliferation of virtualization and it’s new operational model?
- How to adapt to requirement for new application traffic patterns (east-west, VM mobility)?
- How to manage the edges of their networks as work/life locations blur?
- When do they decide to deliver a business need via internal resources vs. external resources?
- With all this technology change happening so rapidly, how do they align their teams?
To address these questions, we created a series of webinars (expect 2nd webinar in a couple weeks) to help IT architects and IT business leaders make sense of the rapidly changing technology landscape. The 1st webinar looks at the changing demands on the network as business applications evolve from traditional client-server models to virtualized workloads to evolving applications like “Big Data” (Hadoop, etc.). We explore how emerging Cloud Computing offerings (Private, Public, Hybrid, Community) are giving customers new options to solve business problems, but also introduce new challenges in managing security, data mobility and compliance. We conclude by discussing how Cisco can help customers avoid creating new silos within their Data Centers by defining an architectural framework that will help their infrastructure evolve along with their applications and business needs.
NOTE: Webinars are available in multiple languages for North America, APAC and Europe
- Aneel Lakhani (@aneel)
- James Urquhart (@jamesurquhart, Wisdom of Clouds blog)
- Brian Gracely (@bgracely)